To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Ocean Awareness Training Course at the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary, 276 S Kihei Road, Kihei. Mondays and Wednesdays, 6 - 8 p.m. starting this week. Also in Lahaina at Lahaina Civic Center, 1840 Honoapiilani Highway. Tuesdays and Thursdays starting this week. Register at www.ocean awarehawaii. org or call Patty Miller, (888) 55-WHALE ext. 258 for more information.
* Art Classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Digital Photography Macro Workshop with Aubrey Hord" will be held 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember), plus $5 lab fee.
** "Beginning Drawing with Roger B. Stephens" will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through May 15. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember).
** "Jewelry with Shells with Julie Matheis" will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through May 2. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus $20 for supplies and lab fee.
** "Jewelry Construction with J.B. Rea" will be held from 9 a.m. to 12 noon Thursdays through May 17th. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus $45 for supplies and lab fee.
** "Quick Jewelry: Hoops, Bangles, and Rings with Luana Coonen" will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on April 15. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus $25 for supplies and lab fee.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College EdVenture program is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** Hinano Rodrigues will teach "History & Culture of Hawai'i" from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays through May 15. Cost is $179.
** Keli'i Taua will teach "Speak Hawaiian For Beginners" from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Wednesdays through May 16. Cost is $99. Also "Elementary Chanting" from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. Wednesdays through May 16. Cost is $99.
** Indu Burks will teach "Healthy Indian Cooking Made Easy" from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through May 3. Cost is $128, includes food fee.
** Becky Sydney will teach "Astronomy for Beginners" from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Fridays through April 27. Cost is $104.
** Dan Weisman will teach "Improv Comedy Fun" from 6 to 8 p.m. Fridays through May 18. Cost is $134.
** Francine M. Fernandez will teach "Earrings for Everyone" from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday. Cost is $44 plus $20 for materials.
* Beginning Watercolor Class. April 10, with H. Lee Shapiro, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, April 10 to May 15, for 6 weeks in Kihei. Cost is $125. Call 875-9477 or www.hleeshapiro.com
* "YogaFit: Stretch & Tone" with Claudia Micco will be held from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, starting this week through May 29. Cost is $70. ADG Maui, 845 Wainee Street, Lahaina. Call 276-0521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* "The Latest in Human Nutrition" by Michael Greger, M.D., will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alakapa Place, Paia. Free refreshments and admission. For more information contact the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii at 572-8371, info@VSH.org or www.VSH.org.
* "Yoga for Stiff Bodies" with Kathy Williams will be held 10 to 11 a.m. Thursdays. Cost is $10 per class. Call 268-8708 or email email@example.com for more information.