* Personal: Age 18; son of Henry and Henrietta Rodrigues of Makawao; enjoys spending time with friends and family, playing volleyball, paddling and learning the Hawaiian language.
* At School: Interact Club president, National Honor Society sergent-at-arms, Spanish Club secretary, member of Peer Mediation and Oh My Globe! environmental club and varsity paddling and volleyball teams; after-school tutor; on Headmaster's List; taking college courses calculus I, psychology, expository writing.
* Off Campus: Attends St. Joseph Church, volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, Maui Nui Botanical Garden, Stomp Out Hunger, Secondary Student Conference and Relay For Life.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend the University of Hawaii at Hilo to double major in mathematics and Hawaiian studies.
* Who is your personal hero? "Heroes are individuals who put others before themselves, and my personal hero is my father, Henry. It was his continuous support and encouragement that have pushed me to better myself in all that I do. My father has been there time and time again to pick me up, and now he is preparing me to stand on my own. Through his own adversities in life, my dad has shaped me into whom I am today. He is whom I want to become, selfless and respected. I can never thank him enough for the countless laughs and incredible memories we've shared."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.