To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Summer dance classes. Register now for classes May 29 through July 21. MAPA studios, 2027 Main St., Wailuku. $130 per 45 minute- 1-hour class. $150 per 1-hour plus class. Call 244-8760 or visit www.mauiacademy.org.
* Summer dance camps. Register now for camps from May 29 through July 27. MAPA studios, 2027 Main St., Wailuku. Call 244-8760 or visit www.mauiacademy.org.
* Fine art studio. Atelier Maui studio offers classically based fine-arts training. For more information, visit ateliermaui.com. The Atelier may also be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "Communication for Couples." Kaiser Permanente is offering a workshop at the Maui Lani Clinic, from 6 to 8 p.m. on May 7 with Sunny Sassaman Gutierrez, M.A. Deadline to register is Monday, (open to the public). Communication is key to a strong healthy relationship. This will provide the skills to strengthen your communication with your partner and stimulate creativity, and growth. To register, please call Kaunoa at 270-7308. Cost is $10 per couple.
* Maui bliss retreat. Spiritual teacher and energy healer Matthew Reifslager will hold a workshop, today through Friday. All day. $2,300 per person includes all meetings, meals, and housing on site and profound healings. $1,600 per person includes all meetings and meals and profound healings. Hale Ho'omana, Makawao. For more information, see thewholeness.com. Email email@example.com, or call (888) 828-2271.
* Tai chi chuan and chi kung. Learn to move like the rolling waves of the ocean, with Sifu Dani Riggs. Class meets from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Monday mornings in Kihei. The cost is $50 per month or $15 per class on a drop in basis. Call 280-3450 for location and other detail. To learn more visit www.daniriggs.com.
* Stand-up paddle boarding lessons. Da Kine Stand Up Paddle has just introduced stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) lessons on Napili Bay. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The SUP lessons are all two hours in length for ages 12 or older. Rates are $150 for a private lesson; $125 per person for two people; $100 per person for a group lesson of 3 to 4 people. For reservations, call (888) 642-5031 (both local and toll free) or email DaKineSUP@gmail.com. For more information, visit www.DaKineSup.net.
* Natural farming workshop. Joe McGinn will lead this workshop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday under the banyan at Maka'aka Lo'i Waihe'e Coastal Dune and Wetland Refuge. This hands-on, two-day workshop will introduce you to an innovative method of farming that utilizes nature's powers for maximum performance. Cost is $100 with early registration by Sunday; $120 after Sunday. Includes lunch and refreshments for both days. For more information and to register, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 429-1895. for scholarships or directions, contact E kupaku ka 'aina at 285-3947.
* Cleaning and yoga mini-retreat. Danielle Ryan, M.S. leads sessions at Hale Ho'omana Spa Retreat in Olinda. 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, April 28 to May 4. $350 includes all food for the five days. Preregistration required by April 26. For more information and registration, call 280-0201 or, visit www.SamanaWellness.com.
* Fruit fly control class. Maui Master Gardeners. 10 a.m. to noon, Friday, Community Services Building (No. 214, UH-MC). Learn to identify and manage fruit fly damage. Learn the areas and crops different flies like best. Optional charge for GF-120, a fruit-fly-specific organic bait. Call CTAHR Office, 244-3242, ext 222, by Monday.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering "Design Your Own Textile with Nathalie Nunez" from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and April 29. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember). For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
* EdVenture class. "The ABCD's of Sustainable Pruning." This workshop covers the essentials of trimming shrubs, flowers, and trees. It presents a simple, easy-to-follow recipe-ABCD's-for making good cuts that promote plant health and make plants thrive. Class from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday at UH-MC, Laulima 107.
* "Stargazing Cruises: Moon, Stars and the Whales" Pacific Whale Foundation's stargazing cruise introduces you to Maui's enchanting sky, from 8 to 10 p.m. on Monday, from Lahaina Harbor. The cost is $59.95 for adults, $39.95 for children, cost includes appetizers, dessert treats and drinks. Book online at www.pacificwhale.org. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20 percent. For reservations, call 249-8811.