* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Lori and Ben Juan of Wailuku; enjoys photography, graphic designing, shopping, going to the beach, hanging out with friends and family, dancing hula, playing the piano.
* At School: Student Council class president for all four years; Academy of Hospitality and Tourism vice president; Pono club president; digital media anchor; Hiki No director; School Community Council student representative; advanced placement and honors classes; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Maui Adult Day Care volunteer; member of Good Shepherd Church and Maui Hotel & Lodging Association.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend Oregon State University in the fall and major in biology; long-term goal is to earn a doctorate degree and return to Maui as a certified dermatologist.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal heroes would most definitely be my parents. They have guided me from the day I was born and been constantly setting good examples. I know at points I drive my parents crazy, but I am thankful for all of their moral support and patience. I appreciate all of the things they have done for me all my life. Although my parents aren't perfect, they have always taught me good morals and values that have helped me develop into the person I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.