To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* "Adult & Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED." Training to recognize and care for victims of illness and sudden injuries and life-threatening respiratory or cardiac emergencies in adults, children, and infants and learn how to use an AED, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today. American Red Cross; 45 N. Market St., Suite A. Certification upon completion. Cost $110. Register online at www.redcross.org or call 1 (800) 733-2767.
* Learn to Swim Classes. Offered by the County of Maui Aquatics Division. Call each pool facility directly for dates, times and space available: Kahului Pool 270-7410, Kihei Aquatic Center 874-8137, Upcountry Pool 572-1479, Lahaina Aquatic Center 661-7611, Kokua Pool 270-6155, New Wailuku Pool 270-7411.
* "Summer Meals for Swimsuit Season with Catherine Blake." Lighten up and feel well fed! Learn how to create whole food, plant-based meals that are high in antioxidants and natural fibers. 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Hale Akua Farm, Haiku. Cost is $20, includes lunch. Register 572-9300, or www.haleakuagardenfarm.com
* "Kamp Krazy Tales". Presented in association with ProArts Inc. Students will learn fun drama games and music techniques, and the camp will culminate with a short performance for parents. Two sessions: Tuesday through Saturday, and June 4 through June 8, both 9 a.m. to noon. Pre-registration is required call 276-4847 or visit www.mkluth.com.
* Free Introductory Lecture on Transcendental Meditation. Experience pure consciousness and pure creativity. It's a unique experience but also very familiar it is your own self. 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, 3288 Keha Drive, Kihei. Call for appointment 298-7264.
* Art Classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Caulking & Acrylics with Jennifer Almodova" will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday. Cost is $60 ($75 nonmember).
** "Plein Air Pastel I with Michael Clements" will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Cost is $130 ($163 nonmember).
* Summer Art Classes for Keiki. Maui Kindness Club water color art classes, Kihei Community Center, small room next to DMV. 3 to 5 p.m., Wednesdays through July 18. Cost is $10/week. Small supply list upon request. Ages 6 to 15 will be taught to draw and paint realistically animals that are endangered species and to paint plants and bugs and all kinds of life. The kids will be taught much about these creatures and gain an understanding how to talk about their art with each other and how to paint and grow as young artists. Call 879-0025.
* "A Nutritional Approach to Alzheimer's Disease." This class and slide show with Steve Blake, ScD, is based on the latest scientific research. Learn how to lower your risk with antioxidant fruits and vegetables. Improve blood flow to the brain for brighter mental activity. Which two nutrients are crucial for lowering the buildup of amyloid plaques? Frying can result in Advanced Glycation Endproducts, increasing Alzheimer's disease risk. Free. 6:30-8 p.m., Thursday, Down To Earth, Upstairs, Dairy Road, Kahului. Dr. Steve Blake 572-8371.
* Tsunami Marine Debris. Special presentation to find out the facts about marine debris from the Japan tsunami. Sanctuary Visitor Center, 726 S. Kihei Road, 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Princess Nahi'ena'ena School, 816 Niheu St. For more information, call 879-2818.
* "Hawaiian Lomilomi Maoli Massage with Linda Lopez." Maui Academy of Healing Arts, 310 Ohukai Road, No. 318, Kihei. Thirty hour class will present basic principals of Hawaiian Lomilomi massage. Learn an entire full body routine prone and supine. Cost is $450. By Friday, $375. For early registration, days and times, call 879-4266.
* Akasha Soul Celebration "Core Rejuvenation." Attune to the electromagnetic power of Mt. Haleakala as it aligns with Venus. Enhance positive karmic patterns. Open to soul love. Fire ceremony and Spirit Channeling. Receive direct spiritual guidance. Catered lunch. Rejuvenate body, mind and spirit. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Haleakasha Spiritual Center, Haiku. Cost is $88. Register online at www.akashasacredjourneys.com.
* "Shorten Your Inner Knowing Curve, through SoulCollage with Suzy Allegra." Learn to access your intuition and create an extraordinary deck of wisdom cards with deep personal meaning that will help you with life's questions and transitions. Beginning class, Saturday, from 11 a.m. 4 p.m. Upcountry (exact location dependent on number of participants) $60 includes all supplies. To register, call 268-7009 and send in a check by Tuesday to: Suzy Allegra, P.O. Box 737, Haiku, 96708.