Fourth of July weekend wouldn't be the same without Upcountry's annual paniolo and parade festivities.
57th annual Makawao Rodeo
* 9 a.m. Thursday (today): The 57th annual Makawao Rodeo at Oskie Rice Arena in Olinda kicks off with qualifying rounds. Admission is free.
Emiliano Archival rides Mufasa the bull at a past Makawao Town Parade.
Photo courtesy of Kahuku Ranch
* 9 a.m. Friday: Qualifying rounds continue with free admission until the Bull Bash, which starts at 7 p.m. Admission is $15 for adults.
* 1 p.m. Saturday: The rodeo continues with bull riding, team roping, calf roping, bronc riding, mugging and more. Live band at end of rodeo. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for seniors and students, $5 for kids (under 3 free).
* 1 p.m. Sunday: Finals will decide the winners. Entry same as Saturday.
47th annual Makawao Paniolo Parade
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday: Roads close. Baldwin Avenue at intersection with Kaluanui Road. Makawao Avenue at intersection with Kokomo Road. Olinda Road at intersection with Hanamu Road. Makawao Avenue at intersection with Makani Road. Parking available at the Oskie Rice Arena with free shuttles available to take people to the parade and back to the arena area.
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday: The 47th annual Makawao Paniolo Parade starts with a keiki stick horse race in Makawao Town.
* 9 a.m. Saturday: Parade. "E Ho'omau Na Paniolo Perpetuate the Paniolo Lifestyle," is the theme of this year's parade.
* 11:30 a.m. (approximate): Roads reopen.