To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Play Along with Ukulele Mele. Ukulele players of all abilities are invited to bring an ukulele to workshops led by Mele Fong at the Bailey House Museum in Wailuku. The workshops will be every other Saturday, beginning this week to Sept. 22, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The cost is $5 (includes admission to the museum). For more information, call 244-3326 or visit www.mauimuseum.org.
* Yoga Class with Kathy Williams will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday at Maui Meadows. The class will target the neck and shoulders. Cost is $15. For more information, call 268-8708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* PACT Family Peace Center. Free classes for teenagers 12 to 17 years old who have challenges in their relationships with others, self-esteem and overall quality of life because of their difficulty in dealing with their anger. One-day (Saturday), four-week and 10-week classes available after school in Wailuku. For more information, call 244-2330.
* Art Classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Weird Science: The Art of Invention" will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ages 5 and older will enjoy a week of creative art explorations under the guidance of several Hui teaching artists. Cost is $215 ($269 nonmember).
** "Jewelry Waxing & Casting with J.B. Rea" will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through July 10. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember).
** "Intermediate Digital Photography with Aubrey Hord" will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember) plus a $5 lab fee.
* Swimming lessons sponsored by Valley Isle Aquatics. Classes held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Locations include Kihei (pool and beach), Kula 200 and Baby Beach. Various levels are welcome. To register, call 572-4665 or visit www.valleyisleaquatics.com.
* "Business Success Planning" with Gretchen G. Voxland, CLU, ChFC. Even from the beginning, it is important to think with the end in mind. How do you see yourself transitioning your successful business? Selling it? What happens in the event of death, disability or retirement? All of this will be discussed in this workshop being presented by Voxland, owner of Horizon Financial, LLC. This free class will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Maui County Business Resource Center.
* "Beginning Mandarin Chinese" will be on Mondays starting July 16 (no class on Sept. 3) through Sept. 10. Children ages 5 to 7, 3 to 4 p.m.; ages 8 to 11, 4 to 5 p.m.; adults 7 to 8 p.m. at The Reading Clinic Inc., 1043 Makawao Ave., Suite 105. Children's eight-week course is full of games and songs to enhance their learning experience. Adults in-depth course will cover Mandarin linguistic structures focusing on the pronunciation of all sounds of the Mandarin language. Deadline to register is Thursday. Call 463-7499 or email email@example.com
* "The End of Factory Farming" A presentation by Erik Marcus will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alakapa Place, Paia. Free admission and refreshments. Marcus, a leading expert on animal agribusiness, will chart the recent decline of the meat and dairy industries and the startling increase in the popularity of plant-centered diets. Presented by the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii, contact Blake 572-8371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "Body of Soul" healing retreat. Jody Soltau Mountain will facilitate a six-day retreat at Ala Kukui Hana Retreat, Friday through July 18. This work encompasses universal principles through physical and energetic healing on cellular level, to release and dissolve old pain, contraction, trauma, old imprints of sickness and disease, old ways of thinking. Kamaaina and easy payment plans available. For more information, contact Mackensie at 463-9195 or visit www.lomilominui.net.
* "Soul Voice Workshop" with Amira Pacentra will be Saturday and July 15 at Montessori School in Makawao. Discover your voice's unique spiritual resonance, healing abilities and ancient knowingness. No experience necessary. The session is guided in a safe and supportive atmosphere. For more information, call 359-3009.
* "The Art of Wellness: A Yoga Retreat." Designed for individuals seeking personal discovery and relaxation, at the Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay from Friday through July 15. Rates begin at $610 for single occupancy and $770 for double. For reservations, call (800) 321-4666 and refer to the Yoga Retreat package.