To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Samana Wellness Yoga and Cleansing Morning Mini-Retreat with Danielle Ryan will be from 8:30 a.m. to noon daily from Aug. 20 to 24 at Hale Ho'omana Spa Sanctuary in Olinda. Cost is $365, which includes yoga, guided meditation, pranayama classes and food for five days. Save 10 percent by registring no later than July 31. For details, visit www.Hawaii-Yoga-Retreats.com/retreats.
* "Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames: Two-Part Series" with Bill Staton will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 20 and 27 at Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alakapa Place, Paia. Free yourself from frustrations by understanding this powerful emotion. Learn the roots of anger, how to handle it in a positive and constructive way, and gain insight into factors that create unwanted patterns. Cost is $10. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 270-7308.
* Advance Health Care Directive with Greg LaGoy of Hospice Maui will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6 at Kaiser Permanente, Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku. Learn about the importance of documenting end-of-life decisions, health care power of attorney and more. Free. Reservations must be made in advance by calling 270-7308.
* Coaches Training Institute will offer its "Co-Active Coach Training" courses Sept. 21 and 23 at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. The courses will encompass a philosophy, methodology, skill-set and communication form that balances self-awareness, relationship intelligence and courageous action. For more information or to register, visit www.thecoaches.com or call (800) 691-6008, or contact Myia Wannemiller at 875-0388, email@example.com.
* Learn to Swim program for children ages 3 to 10 will be taught by Janet Renner. Classes are: 45 minutes, twice a week, Monday/Wednesday or 60 minutes, once a week on Wednesdays. There are levels to choose from. Become competent swimmers and learn proper technique. Sign-ups are taken on a first-come-first-serve basis. Cost is $90 per session for twice-a-week classes or $60 per session for once-a-week classes. Adult Learn to Swim Classes are from 6 to 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays in Kihei. Each session includes five classes. Cost is $100. Reservations for both the children and adults classes are required. Class sizes are limited and do sell out. For more information or to register, call Renner at 280-2756, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.swimprojanet.com.
* Swimming lessons, with Valley Isle Aquatics will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Locations include Kihei (pool and beach), Kula 200 and Baby Beach. Classes for many different levels are available. To register, call 572-4665 or visit www.valleyisleaquatics.com.
* Aloha Ballroom Dance Academy's East Coast Swing and Tango dance classes will be from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays in Kihei. Students can pre-register online or register in person on Wednesdays. Singles and couples are welcome. The classes are for teens through adults. For details, call 879-0055 or visit www.alohaballroom.com.
* "Quickbooks for Small Business" by Richard Kehoe will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Maui County Business Resource Center. This workshop is a continuation of the "Quickbooks for Small Business" workshop. Learn how to customize invoices, create reports and practice the payroll functions of QuickBooks. In addition, you will learn how to produce balance sheets and profit and loss statements. Richard Kehoe, CPA is the owner and operator of his own accounting and tax firm here on Maui. Class will be held on Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center. Cost is $45.
* "La Leche League International (Breastfeeding)" workshop with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Kaiser Permanente, Wailuku Clinic, 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku. This workshop provides worldwide support to promote breastfeeding. Free. Participants must register in advance by emailing email@example.com.
* "SeaWees" children's program for ages 3 to 5 and their parents/caregivers will be Wednesday mornings at the Pacific Whale Foundation. The program includes music and movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment. Participants can sign up for a single morning or for the entire session. Each session consists of four classroom sessions and one "Seafari" field adventure organized around a marine science theme. The cost for the entire five-week session (including four classroom sessions and one Seafari Outing) is $50 per child (or $40 for PWF members). Single-class fee is $12. Costs for a second child is 50 percent off. Reservations are required by calling 249-8811. For more information, contact instructor Merrill Kaufman at 856-8322.