To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art Classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. in Makawao, will offer the following classes. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Jewelry Making for Teens" with Julie Matheis from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays for six weeks through Aug. 27. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember), plus $30 supply fee.
** "Jewelry with Shells" with Julie Matheis from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays for four weeks, through Aug. 13. Cost is $135 ($169 nomember), plus $20 supply and lab fee.
** "Beginning Jewelry" with Julie Matheis from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays for six weeks, through Aug. 22. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember), plus $45 supply and lab fee.
** "Jammin' in Clay: Salt Firing" with Bob Flint from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, through Sept. 6. Cost is $195 ($244 non-member), plus $20 supply fee. Lab fee TBD.
** "Intermediate Wheel Throwing" with Jennifer Owen from 9 a.m. to noon Fridays, through Sept. 21. Cost is $225 ($282 non-member), plus $17 supply fee and $30 lab fee.
** "A Two-Wash Approach to Watercolor" with Roger Whitlock from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 5. Cost is $155 ($194 non-member).
* "Tai Chi for Arthritis," created by Dr. Paul Lam and Cory Williams will be from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays through Aug. 24 at Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway in Wailuku. This class is designed for people with limited mobility and has been shown to relieve pain and improve quality of life. Cost is $20, due no later than Wednesday. For more information, call 270-7308.
* "SeaWees" for ages 3 to 5 and their parents or caregivers will be Wednesday mornings at the Pacific Whale Foundation. Each session consists of four classroom sessions and one "Seafari" field adventure organized around a marine science theme. Participants can sign up for a single morning or the entire session. Cost for the five-week session is $50 per child ($40 for PWF members). Single-class fee is $12. For more information, call 249-8811 or 856-8322.
* "Infant Massage and Aromatherapy Class," with Jessica Friedberg will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Monday at Studio Chiropractic in Haiku. The class includes hands-on instruction to infant massage with easy-to-learn techniques, and sweet-smelling oils with health benefits. For more information, call 281-6152, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit yoga4backpain.com/classes.
* "Camera Artistry: Create your First Portfolio Images" with Randy Jay Braun will be from Wednesday through Aug. 5. This five-day intermediate level digital photography workshop is geared for energetic photographers who desire to begin, or add to, their image portfolio by learning skills to create more visually compelling and higher-quality photographs. Sessions include lessons, shooting on location, computer editing and portfolio building. Seabury Hall campus is base-camp; daily field trips and classroom work is also included. Cost is $395. For more information, email email@example.com.
* Personal enrichment classes. EdVenture will offer the following classes. To register, call 984-3231.
** "Speak Italian!" with Chelsea Hill will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays through Sept. 14 in University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 107. No class on Aug. 17. This introduction to Italian language and culture will include alphabet, pronunciation, reading, writing and basic grammar. Learn useful phrases and basic conversational skills, including how to ask and receive directions. Cost is $139. Ask about required textbook.
** "Beginner's Landscape Design" with David Sereda will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday in University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 107. Learn the basic design principles as well as history of landscape design and landscape architecture. Cost is $39.
** "Bloomin' Beds & Bushes" with Jeannie Pezzoli will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday in University of Hawaii Maui College's Laulima 106. Learn to design, trim, feed and control pests in your landscape. This class covers essentials for homeowners, property managers, gardeners and backyard dilettantes. Cost is $44.
* "Breast-feeding Class," with certified lactation consultant Mary Jane Bennett will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on the first Friday of each month at the Kaiser Permanente Maui Lani Clinic. Learn nursing fundamentals, problem resolution, feeding positions and latch-on technique are covered. Cost is $25 for Kaiser members, $35 for nonmembers. To register, email Mary Jane Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.