The Maui County Business Resource Center is offering classes in credit scores, Internet marketing and QuickBooks this month.
Some of the classes are free; others have a fee. They all will be held at the Maui County Business Resource Center in The Maui Mall.
The courses follow:
* "QuickBooks II For Small Business" 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, $45. This workshop is a continuation of the QuickBooks for Small Business workshop. The course will cover customizing invoices, creating reports and payroll functions. CPA Richard Kehoe, who owns an accounting and tax firm on Maui, will teach the class.
* "Understanding Your Credit Scores," noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 14, free. This is a crash course on how to improve credit scores and how to deal with collections, tax liens, judgments, late payments, foreclosures and short sales. The workshop will be presented by Jason Hall, a board-certified credit expert and a former senior loan manager.
* "The 2012 Internet Marketing Workshop," noon to 1:30 p.m. Aug. 15, free. Topics covered include learning what it takes to get a business or personal website to Google's front page, why most websites fail, how to get more Internet traffic for free and how to get more local Web business. The course will be taught by Steve Zuwala, a country recording artist who studied Internet marketing design and marketing in order to increase his popularity and album sales.
* "Business Succession Planning," noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 21, free. The course will ask attendees to consider how they plan to transition a successful business, including selling it or passing it down to children. Questions of how to get equity out of the business upon turning it over to children and to write plans will be covered. The instructor will be Gretchen G. Voxland, owner of Horizon Financial and teacher of the University of Hawaii Maui College's Complete Financial Workshop for the last 10 years.
* "QuickBooks For Small Business," 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 30, $45. The course is for new users and will teach how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices and balance a checkbook. Kehoe will teach the class, sponsored by Service Corps of Retired Executives.