To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Watercolor and drawing classes for ages 6 to 12 with Barbara Steinberg will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays, Aug. 15 to Sept. 9 in the room next to the DMV at Kihei Community Center. Students will be given personal help to become young artists in their own right and develop artistic talents. They will learn to draw animals and plants, and how to mix colors and paint them. Class is co-sponsored by Maui Parks and Recreation. Cost is $95, or $10 weekly. Register by calling 879-0025 or visit www.barbarassteinbergart.com.
* Art Classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. in Makawao is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "A Digital Photography Course for Teens" with Sue Hudelson will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Sept. 5.
** "Digital Photography Macro Workshop" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember), plus a $15 lab fee.
* Tai Chi with Bob Carter will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Fridays and from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Unity Church of Maui Sanctuary, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Cost is $5. Participants will learn how to feel and move chi energy throughout their bodies. For more information, visit www.spiritualwakeup.com.
* Healthy living workshop. The Office on Aging will sponsor a workshop titled "Better Choices Better Health" from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays from Aug. 22 to Sept. 26 at Kaunoa Senior Center, Room 101, 401 Alakapa Place in Paia. The workshop will provide practical information, tools and support to people of all ages who wish to incorporate healthier habits into their lives, and help those living with chronic conditions to better manage their health. Participants will receive "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 3rd Edition," and an audio relaxation CD titled "Time for Healing." Cost is $10 for participants 60 and older, and $35 for those younger than 60. Scholarships are available for anyone younger than 60 experiencing financial hardship. Advance registration is required as space is limited to 14 participants per class. Transportation may be available. Caregivers are encouraged to attend. For more information or to register, call Jan Roberson at 270-8221 or email email@example.com.
* 4T Prosperity Program will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 24 at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. The Rev. Blaine Tinsley will facilitate the program. Learn to change your thinking from lack and limitation to prosperity and abundance. The 4T's Ministry mission is to teach others to put God first in all that they do. Individuals and couples are welcome. Cost is $49. The program includes a 100 percent money-back guarantee. To register, call 242-9327, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.unityonmaui.org
* "Yoga for Chronic Back Pain" with Kathy Williams will be from 5 to 6:15 p.m. Thursdays, Aug. 9 to 23 in south Kihei. Williams will teach the first three classes in the 12-week series. The program was founded by the National Institutes of Health to relieve back pain. Cost is $42. For more information, call 268-8708, email email@example.com or visit www.yoga4backpain.com.
* "A Day at the Winery with your Camera" with Randy Jay Braun will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. This active five-hour photography workshop and tour at Tedeschi Winery on Ulupalakua Ranch is an introduction for beginner and intermediate level photographers. Visitors are welcome. Cost is $85. For more information, contact randy@RandyJayBraun.com.
* "Composting/Vermicomposting Workshop" with Wilma Nakamura will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave. in Kahului. Learn to compost your yard clippings, junk mail and kitchen waste. Worms can also compost your kitchen and garden waste. Cost is $10. To register, call 573-3911. For more information or directions, visit www.joyofworms.com.
* "Stargazing Cruises: Moon and Stars" Pacific Whale Foundation's stargazing cruise narrated by astronomer Harriet Witt, will be from 8 to 10 p.m. Monday. The cruise will leave from Lahaina Harbor. Witt is an international award-winning astronomy writer and speaker. Cost is $59.95 for adults and $39.95 for children. For reservations, call 249-8811 ext. 1. Participants can save 10 percent by booking online at www.pacificwhale.org.