Free High Holiday services announced
Chabad of Maui will host free High Holiday services at the Grand Wailea.
The schedule of services follows:
* Evening Rosh Hashanah service, 6 p.m. Sept. 16.
* Morning Rosh Hashanah service with shofar blowing, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 17.
* Evening Rosh Hashanah service, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17.
* Morning Rosh Hashanah service with shofar blowing, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 18.
* Evening Yom Kippur service, 6 p.m. Sept. 25.
* Morning Yom Kippur service, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
* Neilah and closing Yom Kippur service, 5:45 p.m. Sept. 26.
For more information, contact Rabbi Sholom Schusterman at 249-8770 or go to websites at www.JewishMaui.com or jewishmaui.com/news.
Associate degree classes to be offered
The Transformation School of Ministry will begin offering classes toward an associate degree in ministry beginning Wednesday at the Wailuku Door of Faith Church.
The degree program, which will take about two years to complete, will hold classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., and Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the church at 432 Waiehu Beach Road.
The course, "Lead 213 Spiritual Gifts and Leadership," enables students to discover and develop their spiritual gifts and deploy them in places of leadership. The course will be instructed by Garnet and Frances Pike. Garnet Pike is the founder of Transformation School of Ministry.
The degree program costs $150 every three months. The cost for those who want to audit the course is $50 every three months.
For more information or to register, call 244-1286