Regarding my Sept. 17 letter, "Debt would keep growing if Obama re-elected": The Maui News has strict rules to keep submitted letters under 250 words. Because my MS Word differs with what The Maui News uses (I showed 249 words), I was asked to rewrite my original letter.
It now appears that, with the emails back and forth, an original draft, not the corrected letter, was sent by mistake.
To clarify any misunderstandings, the following were the unprinted points my rewritten letter wished to make:
* When you're done studying, you'll discover that demonizing the right is all the left has.
* Most people on the right never cared about President Barack Obama's color or birthplace.
* Read "Obama's Gotta Go," Newsweek, Niall Ferguson, Aug. 19.
* Read the book "Left Turn" by Tim Groseclose.
* See www.prageruniversity.com.