* Kamehameha Schools Maui / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.6
* SPORTS: Track and field, volleyball, paddling
* FAMILY: Jason and Rhonette Poepoe of Makawao
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, Peer Mediation, HOSA
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying neuropsychology at a California college
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me that hard work always pays off, always stay humble but have confidence in yourself, and be a leader and a teammate. I enjoy the personal challenge and competition because it drives you to become not only the best athlete, but the best 'you.' "