To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Yoga retreat. Danielle Ryan will lead a yoga retreat from 8:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at Hale Ho'omana Spa Sanctuary in Olinda. Cost is $365. For more information or to register visit, www.Hawaii-Yoga-Retreats.com/retreats.
* Dance classes. Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association will hold its first registration and dance classes on Monday at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center in Wailuku. Registration will be open from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., then during a break from 8 to 8:15 p.m. The first dance class will begin at 6:30 p.m. Cha-cha, fox trot and bachata lessons will be offered for this quarter. Cost of membership is $15 per year, plus $10 per course, with a minimum two courses per quarter. For more information, call Bill Ruidas at 873-8605 or Jeffery Dela Cruz at 244-3263.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College will offer the following classes. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Heart of Tai Chi" with Dani Riggs will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 5 at Laulima 105. This six-week class is for students who want to deepen their experience with Tai Chi. Cost is $69.
** "Real Food: Healthy is Delicious" with Tyua Sereda will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 24 at Laulima 106. This four-week class will cover how to stock your kitchen with healthy ingredients and use them to create delicious, time-saving dishes. Cost is $139 (food fee included).
** "Golf for Beginners: Playing in Paradise" with Dodd Hessey will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 24 at Maui Lani Golf Course. Class is for ages 16 and older. Cost is $169.
** "Healthy Indian Cooking Made Easy" with Indu Burks will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 25 at Laulima 106. Cost is $119 (food fee included).
** "Personal Best: Notetaking & Organization" will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday. Class is for grades 7 to 12. Cost is $54 ($99 for two "Personal Best" classes).
** "Personal Best: Study Tips for Any Test Subject" will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Class is for grades 7-12 Cost is $54 ($99 for two "Personal Best" classes).
* Camera classes. College for Kids/College Bound, "E-magination!" will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday at UH-MC's Laulima Building. Cost is $199. For more information or to register, call 984-3231 or visit www.edventuremaui.com.
* Katachiki/Bingata workshop. A visiting Katachiki artist from Okinawa will present a hands-on workshop on the art of Katachiki/Bingata from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., or 2 to 6 p.m. on Saturday at Rinzai Zen Mission in Paia. Cost is $120. Reservations are required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Vegan presentation. Karl Seff will present "Confessions of a Low Class Vegan" at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the J. Walter Cameron Center auditorium, 95 Mahalani Street in Wailuku. There will be free admission and snacks. For more information, call 572-8371, email email@example.com or visit vsh.org.
* Performing arts camps. Maui Academy of Performing Arts (MAPA) will offer three fall break camps Monday through Friday in its studios, 2027 Main St. in Wailuku. No previous experience is necessary. Download a registration form at www.mauiacademy.org/academy.asp. For more information, call 244-8760.
** "Drama Camp" for ages 5 to 9 will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students will use their bodies, voices and imaginations to create characters and act out stories. The camp culminates in a performance on the final day. Cost is $195.
** "Dance Camp" for ages 6 to 10 will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students will learn dance skills in jazz, ballet, hip hop, stage presence, memorization, flexibility, coordination and teamwork. The camp culminates in a performance on the final day.
** "Princess Camp" will be from 9 a.m. to noon. Students will learn the basics of ballet through movement, games, and crafts celebrating a different fairy tale princess each day. Cost is $125.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network LLC, will present "Lawn Care Made Easy" from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kihei Community Center. This session discusses the strategies required to maintain a healthy lawn. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call Anne Gachuhi at 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center will offer the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Fall Break" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cost is $215 ($269 nonmember), plus a $35 supply fee. Single-day cost is $70 ($88 nonmember), plus a $7 supply fee.
** "Beginning Drawing" with Roger B. Stephens will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 6. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember).
** "Beginning Jewelry" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 14 (no class on Oct. 31). Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember), plus a $45 supply and lab fee.
** "Fire in the Pit Workshop" with Bob Flint will be from 9 to 12 noon Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 27 and 28.
* CPR class. Seth De Leon will offer a CPR and AED certification class from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Monday at Kihei Training Center, 381 Huku Lii Place, #201 in Kihei. One two-hour class earns a two- year certification in adult, infant and child CPR, AED-AHA Healthcare provider and heart saver levels. Cost is $44. For more information, call 214-3300 or visit www.mauicpr.com.
* Healthy living class. "Core and Cellular Transformation" with Ger Lyons will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Learn the energetic process, which releases anything that is stopping or blocking your fullest potential. Suggested donation is $20. For information, call Dominique, at 269-6389 or email cellular email@example.com.
* Financial class. Financial Peace University will hold classes from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at Temple of Peace, 575 Haiku Road in Haiku. The class includes lifetime FPU membership, a book, CDs and money tools. Cost is $95. For more information, call Juliet at 575-9808 or www.daveramsey.com/findaclass.
* Rhonda J. Felix will present a workshop titled "Change Your Thinking Change Your Life" from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. Participants will identify negative beliefs and learn transformational techniques to release limitations. Cost is $125. There is a $25 discount for those who register by Wednesday. For more information or to register, call Rhonda at 205-8302.
* Breastfeeding class. offered by Kaiser Permenente will offer a breastfeeding class from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at its Maui Lani Clinic. The class will cover nursing fundamentals, problem resolution, feeding positions and latch-on technique. Cost is $25 for Kaiser Members, $35 for Non Members. For more information or to register, email Mary Jane Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Acting classes. A one-day acting workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in Pukalani. This class will focus on infusing improvisation into participants' performances and auditions. Cost is $350. An interview and advance registration is required. For more information, call Andrea Giammattei at 280-0535.