To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Phone workshops. Verizon Wireless will hold phone workshops at its store, 270 Dairy Road in Kahului. Participants must register at www.vzwworkshops.verizonwireless.com/vzwworkshops. For more information, call 877-4343.
** "Apple iPhone 4S" will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. today and 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday. Attendees will learn how to navigate and customize your device.
** "Android: Getting Started" will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Sundays through Oct. 28. This workshop will cover hardware functions and device customizing.
* Gardening classes. The following gardening classes will be held at the University of Hawaii Maui College campus. Cost is $15 per class, or three classes for $40. For more information, contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229.
** "Good Bugs: Beneficial Insects" will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday. The class will cover biological control, including discussion on the beneficial insects to control unwanted organisms.
** "Plant Nutrition 1" will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday. The class will cover soil and its composition, pH, salinity, water movement and organic content.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, lcoated at 2841 Baldwin Ave. in Makwao is offering the following classes. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Jewelry Making for Teens" with Julie Matheis will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 12. Cost is $115 ($144 for nonmembers), plus a $30 supply fee.
** "Animal Adventure: Handbuilding in Clay" with Rochelle Mendoza, will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 27. This class is for ages five and older. Cost is $135 ($169 for nonmembers), plus a $30 supply fee.
** "Beginning Wheel Throwing II" with Deb Zaleski, will be from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays through Nov. 27. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember), plus a $15 supply fee and $30 lab fee.
** "Beginning Ceramics" with Deb Zaleski will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through Nov. 28. Cost is $225 ($282 for nonmembers), plus a $15 supply fee and $30 lab fee.
** "Introduction to Felting" with Chenta Laury will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 14. Cost is $155 ($194 nonmember), plus a $45 supply fee.
** "Watercolor Bold and Free" with Connie Adams will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 14. Cost is $195 ($244 for nonmembers).
** "Handbuilding & Wheel Throwing" with Nancy Martel will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 22. Class is for ages 10 and older. Cost is $120 ($150 for nonmembers), plus a $30 supply fee.
** Teen Intensive Workshop: "Murals and Representation" with Eric Okdeh will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $95 ($118 fo rnonmembers), plus a $35 supply fee.
* Ki-Aikido classes. Joni Jackson will present an introductory Ki-Aikido course for adults and teens from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 30 at the Hannibal Tavares Community Center in Pukalani. For more information, call 244-5165 or visit www.mauiaikido.com.
* Tai chi classes. John Rivera and Jan Osterneck will teach a beginner Tai Chi Chuan course from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Kula. Cost is $100. To register or for more information, call 264-1600.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi will conducting the following gardening classes. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Pruning Made Easy" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Kihei Community Center, (room next to the DMV). The class will cover the best strategies for pruning shrubs and trees and how to avoid common mistakes.
** "Containers with Pizzazz!" will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday Lahaina Civic Center. The class will cover how to select suitable containers, choosing the best media and optimum fertilization schedules.
** "All About Tomatoes" will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Lahaina Civic Center. The class will cover the different types of tomatoes, fertilizing, pruning and staking tomatoes, physiological disorders, major diseases and insects of tomatoes.
* Floral arrangement class. A Japanese floral arrangement class will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Unity Church. Participants are asked to bring two vases, a flat ceramic bowl and/or a tall cylinder vase, scissors or garden shears. Cost is $30. To register, call or send a text to 385-0051 by Wednesday.