* Kunlun class. Christophe Javon-Lynn will teach a Kunlun meditation class from 6 to 8 p.m. Sundays at Inner Healing Maui, 3660 Baldwin Ave. in Makawao. Learn to reveal your hidden true spiritual nature. Cost is a $10 to $20 donation. For more information, visit www.original-nature.com
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College will offer the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
"French 2" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 26 at the Laulima Building. Students will learn greetings and practice basic conversations. Cost is $134.
"Astronomy for Beginners" with Becky Sydney will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Fridays through Nov. 16 in Laulima 107. Cost is $109.
"Plants: Nature's Costfree Air Purifiers" with Jeannie Pezzoli will be from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday in Kalama 204. Cost is $54.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., will offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to currents@mauinews. com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
"Beginning Jewelry" with Jaisy Hanlon will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Nov. 26. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember), plus a $45 supply and lab fee.
"Tiny Hands" with Jesse Stuart will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 11. This class is for ages 2.5 to 5; children must be accompanied by an adult/ guardian. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember), plus a $25 supply fee.
"Hands-on Lighting for Portraiture" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember), plus a $40 model fee.
"Plein Air Pastel II" with Michael Clements will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Oct. 28. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember).
"Digital Media Workshop" with David Goldberg, will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $55 ($69 nonmember).
"Fire in the Pit Workshop" with Bob Flint will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 28.
* Gardening classes. University of Hawaii, Extension Office (CTAHR), will offer gardening classes from 10 a.m. to noon in Building. 214. Cost is $15 per class or three classes for $40. For more information, contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229.
"What's Bugging You? Garden Pests" will be on Monday. Students will learn the most effective integrated management techniques to control pests.
"Plant Nutrition 2" will be on Wednesday. Topics will include basic NPK explanations, overview of soil fertility, the importance of essential micro-nutrients and the application of amendments and fertilizers.
"Worm Composting" will be on Saturday. Learn to recycle food scraps and other organic material into a valuable soil amendment called vermicompost.
* Craft classes. "Holiday Cards" will be from 9 a.m. to noon and "Handmade Holiday Crafts" will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Maui Masonic Lodge. Cost is $20 for the first class and $25 for the second. Deadline to register is Wednesday. For more information, contact Anne at 298-7806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Crystal at 205-6515 or email@example.com.
* Permaculture design. An introduction to Permaculture Design will be held at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Makawao Public Library. For more information, call the library at 573-8785.
* Healthy living workshop. The County of Maui will sponsor the "Better Choices . . . Better Health" workshop from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 6 at the Kalama Heights chapel, 101 Kanani Road in Kihei. Participants will learn to implement practical skills used to stay healthy and control symptoms through relaxation, nutrition, improved communication skills, medication management, exercise and more. Cost is $10 for those 60 and older or $35 for those under 60. To register, call Jan Roberson at 270-8221.
* Saturday Fun Series. College for Kids/College Bound classes. To register, call 984-3231 or visit www.edventuremaui.com.
"Fantasy Faces for Halloween!" with Gwyn Gorg will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Laulima 107. Class is for 5th-graders and older. Cost is $35.
"PTP: World of Work" with Joanne Doell will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Laulima 212. This class is for students who need to finish their personal transition plan, personal statement and resume. Class is for those in grades 9 to 12. Cost is $49.
* Music and chanting class. A Kirtan music and responsive chanting class will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Unity Church of Maui. Cost is $5. For more information, call 242-9327 or visit www.unityonmaui.org.