* Personal: Age 17, Daughter of Jessie and Zenaida Gazmen of Lahaina; enjoys hanging out with family and friends, going to the beach, reading books, blogging and watching "CSI Criminal Minds"
* At School: National Honors Society, Hawaiiana Club, Aloha Club, Interact Club, Associated Student Body Vice President, Maui Youth Relay for Life Chair, Honor Roll, Girls Varsity Soccer, Afterschool Math Tutoring and the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism
* Off Campus: Junior Filipino Catholic Club Vice President, Maria Lanakila Church Ministries and Focus Maui Nui Youth Alliance
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college to study finance, and would like to pursue a career as a financial advisor or accountant
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my father. Jessie Gazmen is like a secret superhero to me. I see him come home exhausted late at night, but still wake up early in the morning to head back to work. His dedication and love for his family is what truly inspires me. Through the exhaustion, he can still give me a huge hug, smile and kiss on the forehead. It's because of him that I?work hard in school for a successful life and to prove to him that his hard work didn't go unnoticed."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.