To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., will offer the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "My World in 3D: A Survey of Sculpture" with Pamela Hayes will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 3. Ages 8 and older are welcome. Cost is $85 ($105 nonmember), plus a $35 lab fee.
** "Beginner's Guide to DSLR Camera Navigation and Composition" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember), plus a $5 lab fee.
** "Gelatin Monoprints" with Gail Pike Hercher will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $155 ($194 nonmember), plus a $50 supply fee.
* "Powerful Tools for Caregivers" with Heather Greenwood will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 10 at the Pukalani Pool Multi-Purpose Room. This program will help family caregivers of frail or dependent adults thrive. Cost is $25; scholarships are available. Advance registration is required by calling 244-3242, ext 226.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku will offering the following classes.
** "Look GoodFeel Better" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Monday. This free program aims to help participants look and feel their best by providing skin care and beauty tips for women living with cancer. Advance registration is required by calling 244-5553.
** "Balancing Act I" with Paula Keele will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. The free class will focus on how to improve one's balance, the causes of falling, the sensory systems involved in maintaining good balance, and environmental conditions that affect one's safety. Students will learn ways to maintain good balance and prevent falls. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
** "Healing Touch Clinic" will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., on two Tuesdays each month; appointments are available. Learn to relax, reduce pain and anxiety, speed the healing process. Free. Registration required, call 243-6330.
** "Wisdom Healing QiGong" with Sherry Remez will be from 11 a.m. to noon on Nov. 14 and 21. This class presents a series of gentle movements to reduce stress, strengthen the body, and calm the mind. It can also be done seated. Cost is $15, due by Nov. 7. Pre-registration required, call 270-7308.
* Nia Technique classes. Nia Technique is a sensory-based movement practice that combines movement from dance arts, martial arts and healing arts. The following Nia Technique classes will be offered at locations throughout Maui.:
** 5:30 p.m. Mondays, 11 a.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Maui Yoga Path at Mana Kai Resort in Kihei. Cost is $20 per class, $85 for five classes, or $150 for 10 classes.
** 11 a.m. Saturdays at Maui Family YMCA, 250 Kanaloa Ave. in Kahului. Membership required, or attendees may purchase a $10 daily pass.
** 5 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. Sundays at Passion for Movement Studio in Napili Plaza. Cost is $18 per class, $80 for five blocks, $140 for 10 blocks. Kamaaina discounts are available.
** 7 p.m. Tuesdays and 11:15 a.m. Fridays at Maui Yoga & Dance Shala, 381 Baldwin Ave. in Paia. Cost is $10.
For more information, visit www.nianow.com/find/classes.
* Art classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach after-school watercolor and drawing classes for ages 6 to 12 from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Jan. 2 at Kihei Community Center. This class is co-sponsored by Maui Parks and Recreation. Cost is $95 or $10 weekly. To register, call 879-0025.
* Gardening class. "Common Causes of Plant Problems" will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Wednesday at University of Hawaii, Extension Office, Building 214, Kahului. Knowing the sources of plant problems will aid in maintaining a healthy garden. Cost is $15, or 3 classes for $40. Contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229
* Writing classes. Jasmyne Boswell will offer writing classes from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday in Haiku. Participants will learn tools and techniques to make their writing come alive. Beginner, intermediate and advanced writers are welcome. Cost is $195. For more information, visit www.jasmyneconsulting.com.
* Whale Photo Safari. This class will focus on capturing whale images with a variety of digital cameras (depending on which camera the participant owns). Class is from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Sunday, and departs from Lahaina Harbor. Cost is $99.95. For more information, visit www.pacificwhale.org.
* "Ultimate Whalewatch." Participants will learn what it is like to be a whale researcher on this personally guided group tour from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays. For more information, visit www.pacificwhale.org or call 249-8811, ext. 1.