* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.8 (AP English, AP art)
* SPORTS: Swimming, water polo
* FAMILY: Judith and Nelson Tomas of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Japanese Club, Interact Club, chorus, playing the piano and guitar
* FUTURE PLANS: Attending the University of Hawaii-Manoa
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "What I enjoy most about being an athlete is that I get to be physically ac-tive and live a healthy lifestyle. I also enjoy meet-ing new people and having new opportunities."