* Personal: Age 17, Daughter of Rocky and Rosie Johnson of Makawao; enjoys working out, playing the piano, spending time with friends and listening to music
* At School: Senior Class Vice President, National Honor Society, L.I.F.E. team, Tri-M Honor Society, Peer Mediation, varsity soccer, varsity track & field and cheerleading
* Off Campus: Altqr server at St. Anthony Church, Girl Scouts and Crossfit
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a four-year university on the Mainland to obtain a Ph.D. in Psychology.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My mom is my inspiration. She is my little tug boat - small yet mighty. She is always leading me in the right direction, she tirelessly guides me to safety. There is not a day that she does not put my interest and well being above her own. Each day she works from the morning into the late night to not only do her own responsibilities but help me with my own. It amazes me what a hard worker she is, and how selfless she is with her time, always dedicating it to helping and listening to others. Above all, it is her compassionate heart that I admire most. As I start a new chapter, I will take what she has taught and given me, to hopefully become a person that she will be proud of."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.