To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., will offer the following classes. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Parent and Child Art Days" with Rochelle Mendoza will be from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Ages 5 and older are welcome. Cost is $50 ($63 nonmember), plus a $15 supply fee.
** "Introduction to Acrylic Painting" with Roger B. Stephens will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 18. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember).
** "Waxing & Casting" with J.B. Rea will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 18. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus a $50 supply and lab fee.
** "Eco-friendly Papermaking" with Gail Pike Hercher will be from 10 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 18. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus a $50 supply fee.
* Relationship counseling. Lee Shapiro will present a workshop on the art of melting conflict in all relationships from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday in Kihei. Cost is $30, or $20 with a reservation. For more information, call 875-9477.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College will offer the following classes. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Speak Hawaiian For Beginners" with Keli'i Taua will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 4 at Laulima 107. Students will learn basic conversational Hawaiian. Cost is $99.
** "Improv Comedy Fun" with Dan Weisman will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 11 at Laulima 106. Students will learn the "FUN-damentals" behind successful improv comedy. Cost is $134.
** "Design History for a Curious Consumer" with Milly Boren will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday at Laulima 107. Boren will discuss memorable influences and interesting details in history. Cost is $44.
** "Maui Filmmakers: Screenings and Talk Story" with Alan Gorg will be from 2 to 5:15 p.m. Saturday at Laulima 105. Local producers will provide background information, connections and guidance for people interested in any aspect of film work. Cost is $49.
** "Beginner's Landscape Design" with David Sereda will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Laulima 107. Students will learn basic design principles and the history of landscape design and landscape architecture. Cost is $69.
* "Maui's Fallen Heroes," a free program and exhibit, will be presented by Janna Hoehn from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday at Kihei Public Library. Ages 12 and older are welcome. For more information, call 875-6833.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops at University of Hawaii Maui College. Classes are courtesy of the Mayor's Office of Economic Development. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Business Succession Planning" with Grethcen G. Voxland will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
** "Sales Skills 101 - Communicating your way to a Better Future" with TJ Anderson will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
** "Competitive Positioning for your Small Business" with Mike Kern will be from noon to 1 p.m. Friday.
* Energy seminar. A free seminar titled "Energy Code Technical" will be from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (includes lunch) or 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday at the University of Hawaii Maui College's Ka Lama 103 Lecture Hall. Students may also attend the full day from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The seminar will include information about updated energy code requirements for new construction and renovation projects. Students must register no later than Wednesday by visiting energy.hawaii.gov/programs/acheiving-efficiency/. For more information, contact Lee-Ann Choy at 864-9812 or email email@example.com or Howard Wiig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Animal class. Presented by Laurelee Blanchard will present "Saving the World, One Animal at a Time" at 7 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Center, located at 401 Alakapa Place in Paia. Free admission and refreshments. For more information, call 572-8371 or email email@example.com.
* Health class. Kaiser Permanente Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku will offer a free class titled "Balancing Act II" (Pre-requisite: Balancing Act I) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. Participants will engage in new activities and exercises. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
* Fitness classes. REPS Training Center at Wailea Town Center will host fitness classes for donations to Maui Food Bank from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Participate in one or more of the classes with a donation of food or cash. For more information, call 875-1066, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.repsfitness.com.