* Personal: Age 17; son of Stacy and Carole Otomo of Wailuku; enjoys playing piano, fishing and diving, watching movies, listening to music and playing basketball.
* At School: Key Club Vice President, National Honor Society Vice President, Graduation Committee General Chairperson, Math League Captain, Swimming and Diving team, Principal's Commendation List, Advanced Placement Scholar.
* Off Campus: Boy Scouts of America Troop 68 Eagle Scout, Hawaii Swimming Club.
* Beyond High School: Plans to study electrical engineering at a four-year university.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my older brother, Jordan. He has been a role model for me since I was a child. He has taught me that hard work is essential in achieving success in life, but that it is possible to simultaneously have fun. My brother has always amazed me as he succeeds in his professional and personal life by working hard and playing hard. I have learned to prioritize my commitments to achieve my goals and have time to enjoy life. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.