To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For more information or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Quick Jewelry" with Luana Coonen will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25.
** "Beginning Jewelry" with Luana Coonen will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesdays through Jan. 2, 2013. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Winter Wonderland" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Session I: Monday through Friday, Dec. 17-21. Cost is $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35. Session II: Wednesday through Friday, Dec. 26-28. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply fee: $21. Single-day cost is $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7. Ages 5 and older are welcome.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi will be conducting the following gardening classes. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Aquaponics/Aquaculture In the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at Lumeria Maui. Learn how to start, operate and manage a home- based aquaponic system, the materials needed, the types of fish and fish food to use and the types of vegetables or plants to grow.
** "Hydroponics in the Home Landscape!" will be from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center. This session discusses the essential elements in a hydroponic system and how to establish one in the home landscape. It also covers the types of plants that can be grown hydroponically.
** "Natural Pesticide Options for the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui. This session explores the different types of natural pesticides, their impact, and how to use them as an alternative to conventional pesticides.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops at University of Hawaii Maui College. Classes are courtesy of the Mayor's Office of Economic Development. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Understanding Your Credit and Scores" by Jason Hall will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Participants discuss how to deal with collections, tax liens, judgments, late payments, foreclosures and short sales on your credit report.
** "Got Conflict? How to Work with a Conflict Management Professional to Bring Peace to your Workplace" by Sunny Gutierrez will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. This workshop will provide an overview of the benefits of working with mediators and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) professionals in the workplace.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "The ABCD's of Sustainable Pruning" with Jeannie Pezzoli will be from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday in Laulima 106. This workshop covers the essentials of trimming shrubs, flowers, and trees. It presents a simple, easy-to-follow recipe for making good cuts that promote plant health and make plants thrive. Cost is $54.
** "Advanced Photography with Ray Mains" will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 pm. Saturdays through Dec. 8 at Laulima 107. This course is a two-part study. In Part I, learn the basic business skills needed for a career in photography. Take a photographic safari around the east end of Maui with an optional overnight stay. Intermediate Digital Photography or equivalent experience required. Bring SLR digital camera, batteries, instructional manual and laptop computer to class. Cost is $134.
** "Make It & Take It: Cookie Baking with Mom/Dad" with Theresa Shurilla will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Pa'ina. Start a new tradition, bring your son/daughter and be ready for some baking fun in the professional kitchens of Maui's Culinary Academy. One parent and one child/teen for the price of one registration. Grades 5-12. Cost is $45.
* Massage license exam review. Hawaii State Massage License Exam Review will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Maui School of Therapeutic Massage, 1043 Makawao Ave. Cost is $50. Call to register at 572-1888.
* Gardening class, "Pruning the Correct Way" will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday at University of Hawaii, Extension Office, Bldg. 214, Kahului. Learn the best strategies for pruning shrubs and trees and how to avoid common mistakes in pruning that can be damaging and costly. Bring your favorite pruning tools for this hands-on workshop. Cost is $15. Contact Lorraine Brooks at 244-3242, ext. 229.