The United Nations approved a Palestinian state (The Maui News, Nov. 30). I don't understand; what kind of a state would it be?
1. They have no water (currently provided by Israel).
2. They have no food (currently provided by the U.N., donations and Israel).
3. They have no electricity (currently provided by Israel).
4. Forty percent unemployment.
5. Gaza and West Bank are not connected geographically.
6. Gaza is controlled by Hamas and the West Bank by Fatah.
7. Jordan is and should be the Palestinian state, and is not addressed.
Not to mention all the obstacles of Jerusalem, which is a Jewish city since the beginning of history before any Palestine existed. Jerusalem was initially built by King Dave.
A lot of the Arab refugees are not Palestinians.
The right of return to Israel is not possible.
Return to 1967 borders could not be an option since they are not defensible.
100 Mahalani Street , Wailuku, HI 96793 | 808-242-6363