* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Tivaini (Soifua) Tatofi and Melenaite Tatofi of Makawao; enjoys watching Harry Potter, helping on her grandparents farm, singing in the church choir, cultural dancing, researching various topics and giving back to the community.
* At School: National Honor Society, Honor Roll (Magna Cum Laude), Bear Believers Club, SCHWA Media, Peer Education Program, Student Council and Future Teachers of America.
* Off Campus: Medical assistant volunteer at Maui Memorial Medical Center, student mentor at Office of the Public Defender, National Leaders of America applicant, soloist in the church choir and Relay for Life volunteer.
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal is to receive bachelor's degree in biology. Long-term goal is to achieve a doctorate and become a pediatric surgeon.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"Before I begin, I would like to give all the glory to the ultimate hero, Jesus Christ. As for my personal hero, I would say my baby sister Naite. Through my personal tribulations, up to this point, Naite has been such an inspiration to my life in my personal battles in life, whether it be in school, in the community or at home. She was able to face what life threw at her. To have a sister that had strong faith, I was able to pick up and learn from her actions and wear it around my neck wherever I went. Thanks to my baby sister Naite, I am able to change my way of living from a day-to-day routine of life to a full, precious and cherished way of living."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.