Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort and Spa has partnered with Kihei Elementary School to launch Power of Positive Performance, or P3, a monthly performance-based reward program that recognizes school employees for distinguished achievement.
The goal of P3 is to further engage staff in the Kihei Elementary School's educational and teaching goals and to raise student performance.
All full-time and part-time faculty and staff of Kihei Elementary are eligible to nominate or be nominated for the monthly award, and one individual per month will be honored and chosen by random drawing. Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort and Spa will provide the individual with special prizes and rewards, to include restaurant and hotel gift certificates. In addition, Andaz Maui staff are committed to volunteering weekly at the school, where they meet and talk with students about their school and career goals and build foundations for long-lasting relationships.
"We are so delighted to have Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort and Spa become our philanthropic partner," said Halle Maxwell, Kihei Elementary School principal. "This partnership is a powerful example of how collaborative efforts and working together can make measurable differences for our school, our children and our community. We encourage more local companies to volunteer at Kihei Elementary School so we can continue to help motivate and empower our youth."
"Our team is dedicated to service, including within our community and to our future guests at Andaz Maui Resort and Spa," said Michael Stephens, the resort's general manager. "Our partnership with Kihei Elementary School was formed because our team felt strongly about helping children in our community, encouraging and supporting their education and goals, which mirrors the mission of Hyatt Thrive, our corporate social-responsibility platform. We are excited about this partnership and look forward to helping make an impact in the Maui community."
Criteria for P3 nominations include:
* A demonstration that an individual's effort went above and beyond the requirements of his or her position at the school.
* A recent example where someone showed particular kindness or attention to a fellow staff member or student.
* An outstanding demonstration of dedication to the education of Kihei Elementary students.
* A demonstration that someone successfully overcame an obstacle to achieve or even surpass an objective.
* An example that showcases someone who exemplifies how productive being positive can be.