To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Exercise class. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku is offering "Exercise: The Why, What, How and Wow!" (Live Video Broadcast) from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday. Learn the Why, What, How, and "WOW!" that exercise can bring to your life with instructor, Skip Ludloff. Understand how some simple guidelines can help you succeed. Free. For advanced registration, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
* Dance class. Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association is holding its first registration and lesson at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center. Rhumba, East Coast Swing and Samba will be offered. Second and final registration is Jan. 14. Membership fee is $15/yr; $10/course-minimum 2 courses per quarter. For more information, contact Bill Ruidas, membership chairman at 873-8605 or Jeffery Dela Cruz, assistant dance director at 244-3263.
* Business workshop. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold a free workshop titled "The ABC's of a Business Plan" by Craig Swift from 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesday. Swift will discuss the reasons for writing a business plan. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
* "The 7 Step Health Makeover: Lose Weight and Reduce Your Need for Medication." A presentation by Terry Shintani, M.D., will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. For more information, contact Steve Blake at 572-8371, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Watercolor and drawing classes. Barbara Steinberg will hold after school art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays through March 7 at Montessori School of Maui, 2953 Baldwin Ave., Makawao. Barbara will instruct her students on composition, light sources, shadow and the use of watercolor pigments and glaze, and how to draw and paint native plants and animals of Hawaii. Cost is $132 (includes watercolor paints and end-of-session art show). A separate supply list will need to be purchased. For more information, visit: www.momi.org/685461.ihtml or email Barbara at email@example.com.