* Personal: Age 17, daughter of Dr. Ross and Lynn Fujimoto of Kula. Enjoys reading, sketching, beading and walking.
* At School: King Kekaulike Key Club secretary, King Kekaulike National Honors Society tutor and member, King Kekaulike Japanese Club member, King Kekaulike Hosa Club member, King Kekaulike Science, Technology, Engineering, Math Club member.
* Off Campus: Makawao Hongwanji Mission Church volunteer.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a university on the West Coast and explore the fields of engineering and medicine.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My mother, father and older sister will always be my personal heroes. From as long as I can remember, they have been hardworking, sincere and supportive of me. Every day, my family puts their best foot forward and always come home with a smile. Seeing their strong work ethic and positive attitude inspires me to take a similar approach towards life. My family has taught me the value of perseverance, the importance of appreciation, and the necessity of acknowledging my flaws. Their patience, encouragement and love give me the strength and motivation to achieve my full potential as a person."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.