To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free classes.
** "Look GoodFeel Better" for women living with cancer will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Monday. The effects of cancer treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy can bring unwanted changes to your appearance, affecting how you feel about yourself. This class can help you look and feel your best by providing you with skin care and beauty tips. Advance registration is required by calling 244-5553.
** "Advance Health Care Directives" will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday with Greg LaGoy. Discover the importance of documenting end-of-life decisions, health care power of attorney, and more. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
* Business workshops. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Learn How to Lead" by Larry Roussel will be held from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday. Roussel developed a series of workshops with the ultimate goal of helping people reach their true potential and most desired objectives in life. Through this seminar you will develop a plan of action complete with guided accountability to keep you on track.
** "Discover the Skill to Achieve Success in Your Business" Part 2 by Mike Kern will be held from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday. In this workshop, you will learn how to isolate, locate and eliminate the constraints that are presently holding you back from achieving success.
* Dog obedience classes. MOTC is now accepting registrations for an eight lesson series from 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in Upcountry. The cost is $50. For more information, call Dave or Ruth at 572-0671.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi will be conducting the following gardening classes. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Organic Vegetable Production" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Bailey House Museum in Wailuku. This session covers tips for growing organic vegetables without use of chemicals, garden layout, healthy soils, seedlings nursery, and transplanting, garden maintenance, control of insects, diseases and weeds.
** "Aquaponics/Aquaculture in the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui in Makawao, and from 6 to 8 p.m. on Jan. 21 at Hope Chapel in Kihei. This sessions will provide information on how to start, operate and manage a home based aquaponic system, the materials needed, the types of fish and fish food to use and the types of vegetables or plants to grow.
* Poetry class. Haiku Poetry in English monthly meeting/class will be at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday at Maui Friends of the Library in Queen Ka'ahumanu Center. For more information, call 463-5145 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Social Media Boot Camp will be offered from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. by High Tech Maui, a program of the Maui Economic Development Board. If you're new to social media, or just getting your feet wet, or starting to think about an overall social media strategy for your business but don't know where to start putting all the pieces together, or just confused, this workshop is for you. Cost is $65, which includes lunch. Seating is limited to 30 people. The event will be at MEDB's Malcolm Center, 1305 Holopono St., Suite 5 in Kihei. Peter Liu, who has more than 30 years of experience in the computer industry, will lead the boot camp. For more information or to register, call 875-2300, or go online to www.hightechmaui.com