To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Business workshops. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Learn How to Lead" Part 2 by Larry Roussel will be from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday. Roussel developed a series of workshops with the ultimate goal of helping people reach their true potential and most desired objectives in life.
** "Should I Buy a Business or Should I Start a New One?" by Mike Kern will be from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday. This workshop is for sellers of businesses and potential buyers. Learn how to evaluate a business to determine what the existing business is worth.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Tiny Hands" with Jesse Stuart will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays through March 5. This class is for ages 2 1/2 to 5 with an adult guardian. Cost is $105 ($132 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25.
** "Beginning Watercolor" with Kathleen Alexander will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through March 5. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply list.
** "Intermediate Digital Photography" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Prerequisite: Beginning Digital Photography, Beginner's Guide class series, or equivalent experience. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember) plus lab fee: $5, and supply list.
** "Introduction to Felting" with Chenta Laury will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through March 6. Cost is $165 ($207 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50 and supply list.
** "Plein Air Pastel I" with Michael Clements will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Prerequisite: An understanding of drawing and painting principles. Cost is $130 ($163 nonmember) plus supply list.
** "Encaustic Painting II" will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 3. Prerequisite: Encaustic Painting I or equivalent. Cost is $165 ($207 nonmember) plus supply fee: $40, and supply list.
* Child seat inspections. Kaiser Permanente Hawaii will hold a "Child Car Seat and Booster Seat Inspection" from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kamaaina Kids Lahaina Preschool, 553 Wainee St., Lahaina. Also, Kaiser will be giving away free bike helmets to children getting their car and booster seats checked. Advance appointments required by calling 243-6187.
* After-school art classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach after-school art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through March 27 at Kihei Community Center (small room by DMV). Ages 6-13 are welcome. Cost is $10 week ($15 last week as it is longer) or $95 for nine weeks. To register, call 879-9925 or visit www.barbarasteinbergart.com.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi will be conducting the following gardening classes. Cost is $15. For information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Pruning the Easy Way" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Bailey House Museum in Wailuku.
** "Natural Pesticide Options for the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui in Makawao. This session explores the different types of natural pesticides, their impact and how to use them as an alternative to conventional pesticides.
* EdVenture class. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering a class titled "Speak Hawaiian for Beginners" with Rebecca Kapolei Killi from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through March 6. Learn the basics of the Hawaiian language that include history, pronunciation, and simple phrases and songs. Expand your vocabulary and learn to use simple command and conversational sentences. This class is best suited for a new comer to the islands. Cost is $144. For more information, or to register, call 984-3231.
* Crowd Funding and More to Jump-Start Your Business will be held from 5 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Maui Tropical Plantation. Cost is $22 and includes dinner. Seats are limited. Online RSVP is required. No admission at the door. To RSVP and for more information, go to www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBrainstormers/events/58270942. Discover different funding resources for your startup or to grow your existing business.
* Maui Mystic Island Festival Camping and cultural gathering of music, electronica, reggae, visionary arts, workshops, healthy foods, and community will be held from Thursday through Feb. 3 at VFH Hall, 1136 Uluniu Road in Kihei. Cost is $190. For workshop information visit: mysticislandfestival.com/workshops-2.
* Nia classes. "Passion of Movement" with Jennifer Loftus will be held from 4 to 5 p.m. Fridays, and 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays in Napili Plaza. Nia is a sensory-based movement practice that draws from martial arts, dance arts and healing arts. Call 419-6028 or visit passionofmovement.com.