* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Victor and Melba Galace of Lahaina; enjoys spending time with family, going to the beach, baking, reading and watching movies.
* At School: Maui District Student Council Organization chairperson, Health Occupations Students of America secretary, National Honor Society, Fourth grade tutor, Maui Youth Relay for Life Committee member and participant, Homecoming chairperson, Kokua Krew member, Laulima Project volunteer, Rally for America participant, Lahaina Plantation Days volunteer, Maui Marathon volunteer.
* Off Campus: Lahaina Kumon assistant, Maria Lanakila Church altar server and lector
* Beyond High School: Attend a four-year university and major in nursing.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal heroes are my parents. They have built me upon a strong foundation of good morals, values and beliefs. They have pushed me and taught me that I am stronger than I think I am. My parents have taught me the value of hard work, and that I can become anything I want to as long as I put my heart into it. Because of their own hard work, unconditional love and constant support in all that I do, they have helped me become the person I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.