To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Drawing A to Z" with Roy Superior will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Feb. 25. Students will study line quality, mark making, contour drawing, cross-contour drawing, gesture, volume, and more. Cost is $165 ($206 nonmember) and supply list.
** "Pit & Raku Firing" with Bob Flint will be from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays through Feb. 26. Experience alternate clay and firing techniques. Students should have prior ceramics knowledge and skills. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $40 and supply list.
** "Painterly Printmaking: Introduction to Monotype" will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Participants will work with non-toxic water soluble soy-based inks applied to polycarbonate plates. Techniques include mixing ink, additive and subtractive methods, the use of stencils, multiple plate printing, plate and paper registration methods, and other techniques. Cost is $165 ($207 nonmember) plus supply fee: $40 and supply list.
** "Fearless Watercolor Painting" with Roy Superior will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through Feb. 27. Although this class may be widely varied, the purpose of this class is to have fun, express oneself and develop confidence in one of the greatest painting mediums. Cost is $165 ($206 nonmember) and supply list.
* Business workshop. The Maui County Business Resource Center will hold a free workshop titled "How to Readjust your Marketing Mindset for Success" by Timothy Wenk from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how to use target marketing to your advantage, when to think like a consumer and when not to. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
* Writing classes. Jasmyne Boswell is offering writing classes starting Feb. 13 on Wednesdays and Thursdays for six weeks in Haiku. Learn tools and techniques to make your writing come alive. Beginner, intermediate and advanced. Cost is $195. Call 268-5807, or visit www.jasmyneconsulting.com
* Acting classes. "Simply Monologues: Keeping It Real" will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays for six sessions Upcountry. This class focuses on preparing your monologues for auditions, and learning how to keep the heart-to-heart connection with the audience, while keeping your performance alive and in the moment. Call Andrea at 280-0535.
* Educational therapy learning practice. Open Minds Learning Center will have a free Q&A session from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Upcountry. This practice will individualize your child's educational plan, focusing on learning styles, strengths and weaknesses, while rehabilitating your child's confidence and willingness to take the risks necessary to learn, specializing in reading, writing and math. For more information, call Andrea at 280-0535.
* Massage class. "Lymphatic Drainage Massage" with Lynn Wind will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Feb. 10 at the Maui School of Therapeutic Massage. This class combines three different styles of lymphatic drainage: superficial lymph - the lymphatic rhythm application, manual lymph drainage and deep lymphatics of the intestines. For more information and to register, call 572-1888, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.massagemaui.com.
* Cake decorating class. Easter Cakelets with Tori Takayesu, a cake decorating class will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at The University of Hawaii Maui College. Students will have fun decorating cakelets (fun shaped mini-cakes) in fondant. The focus of the class will be creating and decorating two Easter themed cakelets. Note: All materials are included. Cost is $109. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
* Composting workshop. SharingAloha is offering composting workshops once a month from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on the second Saturday at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha St., Kahului. This is also where you can purchase a compost bin at a huge discount ($51) for a very limited time. Worm composting will also be discussed and worms will be in attendance. Cost is $10. For more information or to register, call 573-3911.