To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Open House for Massage classes. The Maui School of Therapeutic Massage will hold an open house from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at 1043 Makawao Avenue, Suite 207. Hear from the faculty, meet other students. Programs begin March 5 and March 25. For more information, call 572-1888, email email@example.com, or visit www.massagemaui.com.
* Art class. "Quick Jewelry" with Luana Coonen will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. This class will explore methods for creating hoop earrings, bangle bracelets, and stacking rings in sterling silver with simple steps and tools. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
Jody Soltau Mountain offers a free class titled “Introduction to Kahuna Bodywork.”
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Natural Pesticide Options for the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Kihei. This session explores the different types of natural pesticides, their impact, and how to use them. Cost is $10.
** "Creating Edible Landscapes" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session describes the process for creating edible landscapes (replacing ornamental plants with plants that produce food). Cost is $15.
* Tai chi classes. John Rivera and Jan Osterneck will teach beginner "Tai Chi Chuan" course from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Upcountry. These classes are excellent for improving concentration, strengthening the mind / body connection, and enhancing health and well-being. This is a 10-week class beginning Feb. 26. Cost is $100. To register or for more information call 264-1600.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Fused Loop Pendants & Stackable Rings" with Iris Sandkuhler will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday. Cleaner, faster and less toxic than soldering, it is a great introduction to torch work. Besides fusing, students will also learn how to measure for rings, explore various hammering techniques to create surface texture, stretch metal, punch holes, wire wrap and explore/discuss various polishing options. Ask for the supply list when you register for this class. Cost is $144.
** "Drawing from Photographs" with Iris Sandkuhler will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. No matter what your drawing skill level, it is possible to accurately copy a photographic image once you learn the secrets of how. Ask for the supply list when you register for this class. Cost is $99.
** "Cold-Worked Chains" with Iris Sandkuhler will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Learn to make jewelry without investing in a lot of equipment, tools and workspace. Explore a range of chain-making designs that do not rely on heat and can be carried around like knitting. Cost is $144.
** "Introduction to Hawaiian Culture with Kapolei" with Rebecca Kapolei Killi will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday through March 9 at Lahaina Education Center. This is an introductory level class to Hawaiian culture that includes understanding the society, beliefs and practices during the pre-contact period. This class is best suited for a newcomer to the islands. Cost is $144.
** "Speak Hawaiian - Intermediate with Kapolei" with Rebecca Kapolei Killi will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday through March 9 at Lahaina Education Center. This class is a continuation for students of the Speak Hawaiian for Beginners class. This class will expand student's knowledge to include sentence structures, grammar, vocabulary and an introduction to reading in Hawaiian. Cost is $144.
* "Introduction to Kahuna Bodywork." Jody Soltau Mountain offers a free class titled "Introduction to Kahuna Bodywork" from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Montessori School of Maui, 2933 Baldwin Ave. This is a rare form of Lomi Lomi which works with the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and ancestral body. For more information, visit
* "Improvisation Therapy Workshop" with Andrea will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 24. Develop emotional freedom and flexibility. For more information, call Andrea at 280-0535.
* Indigenous Healing training workshop. Michael Harner's, The Way of the Shaman 2-day workshop will be held on Saturday and Feb. 24 at Ho'omana Spa near Makawao. Participants will explore "core shamanism" a method of healing the soul, and the body and mind. Cost is $195 in advance, after Feb. 17 $245. For more information, call 269-5137, email@example.com, or visit SoulMattersMaui.com.
* Birthing class. A free panel presentation titled "Maui Birth Options" for prospective and expectant parents will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at Makawao Yoga. For more information, call Kristin Kali 280-8446.