* Lahainaluna High School Grade 12
* SPORT: Softball
* GPA: 3.63 (AP biology)
Haley Ann Nakamura
* FAMILY: Flint and Kristy Nakamura of Wailuku
* ACTIVITIES: Spending time with family and friends, going to church, working with Lahaina Girls Softball
* FUTURE PLANS: Majoring in biology at New Mexico State University.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy being really com-petitive and pushing myself to the limit. Being an athlete has taught me that you should never give up when things get tough and there's always a light at the end of the tunnel."