* Molokai High School / Grade 12
* SPORTS: Basketball and cross country
* GPA: 3.0 (AP biology, AP calculus)
* FAMILY: Gary and Alicia Teyes of Kaunakakai
* ACTIVITIES: Molokai Earth Preservation Organization, Leo Club, operates audio equipment at church.
* FUTURE PLANS: Study nursing at Kapiolani Community College.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy training and being more physically fit. I also enjoy competition and being part of a team. Being an athlete has taught me to never give up and to work hard to reach my goals."