* Baldwin High School / Grade 12
* SPORTS: Soccer, track and field
* GPA: 3.7 (AP English)
* FAMILY: Nece and Donn DeShayne of Wailuku
* ACTIVITIES: Pono Club, Leadership Club, MAPA Dance Company, Camp Imua volunteer, Grace Bible youth ministry, Maui Humane Society volunteer.
* FUTURE PLANS: Study marine biology at the University of Hawaii-Manoa.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me many things: sharing goals, developing friendships, learning together, how to deal with loss and the rewards of winning."