* Personal: Age 16; son of Macario and Violeta Sarian of Lahaina; enjoys eating, hanging out with friends and family, going on adventures, making people laugh, watching movies, going on social networks, traveling and photography.
* At School: Associated Student Body secretary, Health Occupations Students of America representative, Rotary Interact of Lahainaluna secretary, member of the National Honor Society, Kokua Krew, Best Buddies, Concert Choir and Aloha Club member; volunteer Caregiver's Walk and 4th-grade tutor; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Maui Youth Relay For Life committee chairman for two years, member of the Maria Lanakila Youth Ministry, volunteer with Sacred Hearts Bazaar and Lahaina Plantation Days.
Vincent Mark Sarian
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal is to major in nursing and specialize in emergency medicine to become an emergency room nurse; long-term goal is to become an emergency room physician assistant, move back to Maui, start a family and hope to eventually start a scholarship fund for Maui students aspiring to pursue a career in the health care profession.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"Mac and Violy, whom I have great pride in calling Dad and Mom, are my personal heroes. They have raised a young man with such great morals instilled within him. Mom and Dad have done the most selfless acts anyone could imagine -- sacrificing their dreams and opportunities to guarantee a brighter future for their children. Their hard work and perseverance have taught me to be grateful for what I have and give me the courage to overcome my fears and face my own battles."
Editor's note: This is the last Student Spotlight of the 2012-13 school year. The feature will resume in August.
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.