To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free classes.
** "Healing Touch Clinic" Open to the public. Advance registration is required by calling 243-6330.
** "My Kids Are Driving Me Crazy!" with instructor Christina Cowell will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. To register, call 242-1608.
** "Breast-feeding Class" with instructor Mary Jane Bennett will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for Kaiser Permanente Members: $25, Non-Kaiser Permanente Members: $35 (Pay instructor directly).
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., will present the following art classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Introduction to Photo-Emulsion Silkscreen" with Nathalie will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus supply fee: $70, and supply list.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5+) / On the Wild Side: Labyrinths, Stickwork & Cryptozoology" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. Cost is 5-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; Single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
** "Intermediate Wheel Throwing" with guest artist Jennifer Owen will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through July 22. Prerequisite: Wheel Throwing I or prior wheel throwing experience. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15 and lab fee: $30.
** "Casting for Artists-Level 2" with J.B. Rea will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through July 9. Prerequisite: Beginning Jewelry or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $50.
** "Beginning Ceramics" with Deb Zaleski will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through July 24. Cost $225 ($282 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15 and lab fee: $30.
** "Metal Construction-Level 2" with J.B. Rea will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through July 18 (no class July 4). Prerequisite: Beginning Jewelry or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "T-Shirt Boot Camp (Ages 13+)" with visiting artist Nathalie Nunez will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday through June 9. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25.
** "Know Your Clay, Know Your Glaze" with guest artist Jennifer Owen will be from 9 a.m. to noon Fridays through July 19. Prerequisite: Beginning Ceramics or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25 and lab fee: $30.
** "Preschool Mural Arts Class (Ages 2.5 5)" with Marie Fitzsimons will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Cost is studio fee: $5.
** "Plein Air Palette Knife Oil Painting" with guest artist George Allan will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and June 9. Cost is $235 ($294 nonmember) plus a supply list.
* Dance camp, "Summer Dance Camp" for students ages 6-10 with Rebecca Owen will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday at Maui Academy of Performing Arts, 2027 Main St., Wailuku. Cost is $195. No experience necessary. Download registration form at www.mauiacademy.org/sumr.asp or call 244-8760.
* EdVenture class, "Taking Notes & Study Tips: Instant Success for Students" with Joanne Doell will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday at College for Kids/College Bound's three- day Summer Camp located at
UH-MC Laulima building. For more details and registration, call 984-3231 or go to www.edventuremaui.com.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, call 446-2361 or email email@example.com.
** "Caring For House Plants" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Lahaina Civic Center. Cost is $15.
** "Garden Bugs and Their Control" will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Lahaina Civic Center. Cost is $15.
* Photo workshop. "Camera Artistry - Creating your Next Portfolio Images" with Randy Jay Braun. For more information, call 264-0054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Gardening workshop. "Recognizing Invasive Species in the Garden" with Lissa Strohecker will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Community Services Building (205) on the UH-MC campus in Kahului. Free. RSVP to Lorraine Brooks at email@example.com
* Composting/Vermicomposting class will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA center, 164 Kamehameha Ave., Kahului. Worms will make an appearance at this workshop. All of your questions will be answered regarding raising worms and harvesting worm compost. Cost is $10. Call Wilma at 573-391 to register.