To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Verizon Wireless will offer free in-store workshops to learn about features of the iPhone including maps, Siri, FaceTime and more. Workshops will be from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. Sundays at Verizon Wireless, 270 Dairy Road in Kahului. "Android: Getting Started Workshop" happens today, July 14 and 28. This workshop walks you through hardware functions, setting up your email, adding social network accounts and customizing your device. "Windows Phone 8 Workshop" will be on July 7. Learn the basics of your Windows Phone 8 device through tips on personalizing your phone, using People Hub, setting up email, using Kid's Corner and more. Participants must register at vzwworkshops.verizonwireless.com/vzwworkshops/. For more information, call 877-4343.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following class. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5+) Buggin' Out: Creepy Crawlies Gone Wild" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Friday (no camp Thursday). During each session, a team of teaching artists focuses on a different theme. Cost is four-day tuition: $172 ($215 nonmember) plus supply fee: $28; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7
** "Argentium Silver Basics Level 1" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, through August 7. Participants will work on a new project each week and will learn to fuse, fabricate, and granulate with Argentium. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and jab fee: $45. Argentium silver is not included in the supply fee, but will be available for purchase.
* Ballroom Dance. Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association is holding its first of two registrations at 5:30 and 8 p.m. Monday at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center, 395 Waena Place, Wailuku. Beginner hustle, beginner American tango, and intermediate country two-step will be offered. Membership dues are $15/year; $10/course - 2-course minimum per quarter. For more information, contact Bill Ruidas, membership chair, at 873-8605, or Jeffery Dela Cruz, Assistant Dance Director, at 244-3263.
* Gardening class. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening class. For more information or to register, call
** "Growing Roses in the Home Landscape" will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Lahaina Civic Center. This session covers the growing conditions necessary for the different types of roses. Cost is $15.
* Young Art Makers Program. Maui Arts & Cultural Center is offering summer art classes with visiting artist-in-residence, Wes Bruce. Classes will be on Wednesdays through July 31 in Schaefer International Gallery and McCoy Studio Theater at MACC. Session one is for grades 3 to 5 (2013-14 school year) from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Session two is for grades 6-7 (2013-14 school year) from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Students will build basic skills in technique and use of materials; explore multi-media through drawing, painting, photography and collage making. Cost is $75 including supplies. All sessions must be paid for in advance. To register, call Kristen at 808-243-4282 or email@example.com
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following classes.
** "Healing Touch Clinic" Come to relax, reduce pain and anxiety, speed the healing process and more. Free. Open to the public. Advance registration is required by calling 243-6330.
** "Breastfeeding Class" with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. Learn the benefits of breastfeeding, how it works, how to support the new mother and more. Cost is $25 (nonmembers $35) to be paid directly to instructor. Advance registration is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture class. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following class. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Cakelets 101" with Tori Takayesu will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Students will have fun decorating cakelets (fun shaped mini-cakes) in fondant. Focus of the class will be creating and decorating a "slippah" and a "purse" cakelet during class. Cost is $109. All materials included. Ask for a list of decorating supplies. To register, call 984-3231.