The 2013 Palaka Award recipient will be named by the Rotary Club of Kahului during a luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 2 at the King Kamehameha Golf Club in Waikapu.
The award for long-term service honors an outstanding Maui County nonprofit organization leader. The nominated finalists are listed below:
* Hideo Kawahara, director of the J. Walter Cameron Center
* Honey Bun Haynes of the Maui Arts & Cultural Center
* Laura Harrelson, incoming board president of Haleakala Waldorf School
* Wayne Maeda, interim president of Ka Lima O Maui
* Candy Aluli, first vice chair and secretary of the Maui Humane Society
* Kimokeo Kapahulehua of Kihei Fish Pond ( 'Ao 'ao O Na Loko I'a O Maui)
A fundraising golf ball drop is planned prior to the awards luncheon. Net proceeds will fund Rotary Club of Kahului's Michael H. Lyons II Scholarship program, providing college aid for exceptional Maui youths.
Reservations for tickets ($50 each) or tables of 10 ($475 each), as well as limited golf ball drop tickets are available on the Kahului Rotary website.
The last two years were sold out in advance.
In 2011, the Palaka Award was presented to Helen Nielsen of Maui Land Trust.
The 2012 recipient was George Martin of the Carden Academy of Maui.
For more information, go to www.kahuluirotary.com or call 875-0500.