To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "History & Culture of Maui" will be on Tuesday. Cost is $179; "Perspective Drawing for Absolute Beginners" will be on Wednesday. Cost is $89; "Cooking for Singles" will be on Thursday. Cost is $200; "Still Life with Native Hawaiian Flowers: A Drawing Class" will be on Thursday. Cost is $89; "Dog Training 101" will be on Thursday. Cost is $89; "Marine Life of Hawaii" will be on Saturday. Cost is $79; "Flowers of Hawaii & Native Plants" will be on Thursday. Cost is $79; "Divine Vine Necklace/Bracelet Convertible Jewelry" will be on Friday. Cost is $109; "Introduction to Engraving: Create Your Own Pendent" will be on Friday. Cost is $109; "Hawaiian History, Language, and Culture" will be on Thursday. Cost is $79; "The Lost Art of Hawaiian Feather" will be on Saturday. Cost is $109; "Cold Cuts: Marriage of Metals" will be on Saturday. Cost is $109.
* Patch Classes. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For more information, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit us at www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series 7 Introduction to Family Child Care" will be Tuesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Introduction to family child care as a service, business and profession.
** "Basic Series 318 The Business of FCC, Part I: The Basics" will be on Thursday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. An overview of how to start a self-owned business.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com
** "Growing Roses In the Home Landscape" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session covers the growing conditions necessary for the different types of roses. Cost is $15.
** "Flowers of Hawaii and Native Plants" will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Lahaina. Learn about the origin of the interesting variety of plant species found in the Hawaiian Islands and their use in the landscape. Cost is $79.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center will present the following art classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5 and up) Whoosewhatsies & Gizmos: Abstract Experimentation" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cost is five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7
** "A Two-Wash Approach to Watercolor" will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and August 4. Prerequisite: Intermediate or advanced students. Cost: $144 ($180 nonmember). A supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
* Akaku Media Salon - Video Drones with Marcus Franco will be on Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Akaku Maui Community TV, 333 Dairy Rd, Suite 104, Kahului. This class reviews the ups and downs of aerial photography and videography. Cost is $15, Free for Akaku associate producers. Call 871-5554 for more information.
* Business workshop. "Sales Skills 201 Role Playing" with TJ Anderson will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall Suite B-9. The lessons and theory learned in "Sales Skills 101" will be put into practice as we role-play actual sales situations. Free. For reservation, call 873-8247.
* Healthy Aging. Kaunoa West Maui Senior Services is hosting a coffee hour with Faith Gianan at 10 a.m. Thursday at 788 Pauoa St., Lahaina. Explore many popular aging myths, creative ways to keep active, Alzheimer's disease and prevention. Suggested donation: $2. Call 661-9432 or Faith at 871-7720.
* EdVenture. Maui College's, first ever "Celebrate Hawai'i series" will be from Thursday through Saturday at the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel. Nationally recognized teachers will be sharing their experience and wisdom in classes such as: "Intro to Hawaiian Culture; Hawaiian Feather Arts; Still Life with Flower; Capturing the Hawaiian Sunset: A Photography Class; Marine Life of Hawaii and Hawaiian Flowers & Native Plants." Cost is $349 entire series or $79 each class. An extra material fee of $45 applies to the feather art class. Call 984-3231 to register.
* The Power of Sound. Healing Meditation with Shivallah will be at 7:30 p.m., Fridays through Aug. 16 at Makawao Union Church (Sanctuary), 1445 Baldwin Ave., Makawao. Suggested donation $10 to $15. For information call, 442-2424.
* Fruit Fly Management with Maui Master Gardeners will be from 10 a.m. to noon. Saturday at Community Services Building (205), UH-Maui College, Kahului. Learn the areas and crops different flies like best. Free. To register, call the CTAHR Extension Office, 244-3242, ext. 222.