* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Eisen and Noe Gilo of Kihei; enjoys CrossFit, sports, family, friends, serving others and monkeys.
* At School: Student government, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, Athletics Club, cross country, basketball, track & field, AP Literature, Senior Class president.
* Off Campus: Volunteers are Hale Makua and participates in highway cleanups.
* Beyond High School: Plans to join the Air Force after high school graduation and study communications. After getting settled, wants to give back to her parents and community.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal heros are my parents. Both of them have inspired me so much in so many ways. My mom taught me how to always believe in your dreams because she herself had met her dreams of opening up a family business. Being the daughter of a leader in the military made me even stronger. My dad made me realize that everything does happen for a reason and to always be strong, bold, and fierce in every tough obstacle you face. My parents are my motivating heros. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.