To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Gardening class. "6 Weeks Youth Gardening Classes for Teachers" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be in Kihei (Mondays), Wailuku (Tuesdays) and Lahaina (Thursdays) from Tuesday to Oct. 21. These classes are for teachers, parents and volunteers involved in youth gardening. Cost is $90. For information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Patch class. "Basic Series 513 Addressing Hawaii's Health Standards" from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii regulations pertaining to health standards for family child care homes. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
* Health class. "A Nutritional Approach to Alzheimer's Disease" with Steve Blake will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Down To Earth in Kahului. Learn how to lower your risk with antioxidant fruits and vegetables. Free. For information, contact 280-6865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Ki-Aikido course. An introductory course in Ki-Aikido for teens and adults with Joni Jackson under the direction of Christopher Curtis will be from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 24 at the Hannibal Tavares Community Center in Pukalani. The course will cover all aspects of Ki-Aikido training. A donation of $40 will be credited toward regular class dues if a student continues after the introductory course. For information, call 268-3818 or 283-9226.
* Maui County Business Resource Center. "The ABC's of a Business Plan" with Craig Swift will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. This workshop will present an outline of the business plan taught by MEO's Core Four Business Plan Course. Free. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
* Mentor class. Free mini-training to be a mentor will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Services, 401 Alakapa Place in Spreckelsville. Work with elders in a group setting one to three times a month. For information, call Karen Peterson at 573-3109.
* Health class. "The Diamond Approach Hawaii: Brilliancy, the Essence of Intelligence" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Friday in the Hospice Maui meeting room, 400 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Learn to actualize your true spiritual potential while living fully in the world. Cost is $235. For information, contact Karen Brewer at 276-6221 or email@example.com.
* Healing Touch class. "Healing Touch Level 1" will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sept. 8 in the community hall of Hale Mahaolu Ehiku, 56 Ehiku St., Kihei. Learn to use a gentle touch that assists in balancing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Preregistration is required by Thursday. Cost is $235, plus a $15 materials fee. Registered nurses and licensed massage therapists can receive 18 CEUs upon completion. For information or to register, contact Tabitha Benner at 879-4044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Personal Best: Notetaking & Organization" with Joanne Doell will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Learn and practice four different ways of taking notes for any grade and any subject. Requirement: Grade 7-12. Cost is $54 (material fee included) or $89 for both Personal Best classes.
** "Personal Best: Cool Word Processing Shortcuts" with Joanne Doell will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Use Microsoft Word/WordPad shortcuts to create documents faster and make them look better. Requirement: Age 11 and older. Cost is $44 (material fee included) or $89 for both Personal Best classes.