The Maui Bus schedule and routes will be adjusted today to accommodate the Maui Fair Parade.
Kaahumanu and Kanaloa avenue lanes will be closed to traffic from 4:15 to 6:30 p.m.
The bus changes follow:
* Lahaina Islander (Lahaina-bound), eliminating the 4:40 and 5:40 p.m. Wells Street and Waikapu stops on the run from the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center in Kahului to Lahaina.
* Kahului Loop Route No. 5, eliminating the 2:32, 3:32, 4:32 and 5:32 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop from Queen Ka'ahumanu Center; eliminating the 4:35 and 5:35 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
* Kahului Reverse Loop Route No. 6, eliminating the 2:53, 3:53, 4:53 and 5:53 p.m. Harbor Lights/Maui College stop going to Queen Ka'ahumanu Center; eliminating the 4:49 and 5:49 p.m. Roselani Place and Papa Avenue/Kea Street stops.
* Wailuku Loop Route No. 1, eliminating the 4:40 and 5:40 p.m. Maui Memorial Medical Center and Maui Lani Parkway stops; eliminating the 4:23, 5:23 and 6:23 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
* Wailuku Reverse Loop Route No. 2, eliminating the 4:03, 5:03 and 6:03 p.m. Kanaloa Avenue stops.
The remaining bus routes will operate normally with some deviation in street routing but will continue to serve all other bus stops. Riders are asked to anticipate delays in pick-up times due to the increased traffic during the parade.
In addition, Maui Bus commuter parking, which is normally allowed at the War Memorial Stadium parking lot, will be relocated to the Kahului Boat Ramp during the fair through Sunday.
For more information, contact Roberts Hawaii at 871-4838 or the county Department of Transportation at 270-7511.
General bus schedule information may be found on all county buses and is available online at www.mauicounty. gov/bus.