Arrest in pellet gun shooting
A 41-year-old Haiku man was arrested Friday in the investigation of a pellet gun shooting in a Haiku neighborhood, police said.
Officers responded a call at about 11 a.m. reporting the incident on Puuomalei Road.
The suspect reportedly threatened to shoot two neighbors, a 38-year-old man and a 60-year-old man, police said. One neighbor suffered an abrasion but wasn't seriously wounded when he was shot with the pellet gun, police said.
An investigation was continuing.
Arakawa event set for Sunday
Mayor Alan Arakawa's next "County on Your Corner" will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday at the County of Maui tent at the Maui Fair.
The tent is near the entertainment tent.
Accompanying Arakawa will be three of his executive assistants - Bill Medeiros, John Buck and Danny Mateo.
Each month, the mayor and members of his administration meet with residents at various locations to discuss issues of most interest to them.
Submission sought for guide
The Maui News' annual Holiday Craft Fair Guide will be published in the Oct. 20 issue. To be included in the guide, please submit the following information no later than 5 p.m. Oct. 14.
* Name of the event.
* Sponsoring organizations or businesses.
* Date and time.
* A general description of the kinds of items that will be available.
* Admission fee, if any.
* Whether more crafters are being accepted.
* Contact person (first and last name) and contact information (phone and/or email).
* Photos may be submitted for consideration. Email digital images in tif, jpg or eps formats with a minimum resolution of 300 pixels per inch at 6 inches wide for horizontals and 4 inches wide for verticals. Individuals
in photos must be identified by first and last name.
Submit the material by mail to The Maui News, Holiday Craft Fair Guide, 100 Mahalani St., Wailuku 96793, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 242-9087.