The state Department of Transportation announced that work on Maui County roads this week is scheduled in the following areas:
* There will be multiple lane closures at the Hana Highway-East Kaahumanu Avenue-Hobron Avenue-East Kamehameha Avenue intersections near Maui Mall and Kahului Harbor from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through the end of the month for sewer main installations, including the right-turn lane from Hana Highway onto Hobron Avenue, the right-turn lane from Hobron Avenue onto Kaahumanu Avenue and access to Hobron Avenue from East Kamehameha Avenue. There will also be alternating lane closures in both directions at the intersection of Hobron and East Kaahumanu avenues.
* There will be a single-lane closure on Hana Highway in the westbound direction near Milepost 14, between Wailua and the Kaumahina State Wayside Park, near the Honomanu Stream Gulch, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday for slope stabilization work.
* Ocean erosion repairs continue on Honoapiilani Highway in the area of Launiupoko State Park, shifting lanes mauka. Speed limits are reduced in the work zone. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
* Honoapiilani Highway traffic will experience single-lane closures in both directions between Prison Street and Kualapa Loop from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Friday for pavement marking and lane striping.
* The right lane of Honoapiilani Highway in the northbound direction will be closed between Leialii Parkway and Kai Malina Parkway from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday for utility installations.
* There will be alternating single-lane closures on Kahekili Highway in both directions between Milepost 36, in the vicinity of Honokohau Bay, and Milepost 42, in the vicinity of Papanahoa Gulch, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today through Friday for pavement marking and lane striping.
* A single lane of Kaahumanu Avenue will be closed in the westbound direction between Wahinepio Avenue and Lunalilo Street from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. today through Friday for road-widening work.