The state Department of Transportation announced that work on Maui County roads this week is scheduled in the following areas:
* There will be a multiple lane closures at the Hana Highway-East Kaahumanu Avenue-Hobron Avenue-East Kamehameha Avenue intersections near Maui Mall and Kahului Harbor from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through the end of the month for sewer main installations, including the right-turn lane from Hana Highway onto Hobron Avenue, the right-turn lane from Hobron Avenue onto Kaahumanu Avenue and access to Hobron Avenue from East Kamehameha Avenue. There will also be alternating lane closures in both directions at the intersection of Hobron and East Kaahumanu avenues.
* There will be a single-lane closure on Hana Highway in the westbound direction near Milepost 14, between Wailua and Papaaea roads, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. today through Friday for roadway work.
* Ocean erosion repairs continue on Honoapiilani Highway in the area of Launiupoko State Park, shifting lanes mauka. Speed limits are reduced in the work zone.
* Honoapiilani Highway traffic will experience single-lane closures in both directions between Prison Street and Kualapa Loop from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Friday for pavement marking and lane striping.
* There will be alternating single-lane closures on Kahekili Highway in both directions between Milepost 36, in the vicinity of Honokohau Bay, and Milepost 42, in the vicinity of Papanahoa Gulch, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today through Friday for pavement marking and lane striping.