* Personal: Age 18; son of Eliezer Dangtayan and Nenita Agbayani of Lahaina; enjoys photography, adventures, music, bonding with family and friends, traveling, and eating.
* At School: Associated Student Body Treasurer, student council, 4th-grade after school tutoring, Photography Club, Intergeneration Revolution Club, Japanese Club, Pacific Asian Affairs Council, Student Leadership Conference, Kokua Krew, Homecoming Planning Committee.
* Off Campus: Church volunteer, Maui Youth Relay for Life, Rally for America.
Tyrone Jay Agbayani
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college in Hawaii or the Mainland and major in nursing.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My mom is my hero. She's always there for me whenever I need someone to rely on and she works hard to provide for our needs. Her sacrifices, hard work and strong personality is what makes her a great woman that I'm really proud of. She has taught me a lot of things while growing which makes me the person I am today. She always tells me to work hard for the things I want, to value education and be successful in life. Although I don't really show my love and appreciation for her, through my eyes she's the greatest woman alive."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.