To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to currents@mauinews. com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, contact 446-2361 or email@example.com.
"Garden Pests and Their Control" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Youth Room, Kihei. Learn how to identify the common insect pests in the garden, their damage symptoms and easy control strategies. Cost is $10.
"Plant Propagation Techniques" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Explore the techniques of propagating plants. Cost is $15.
* Business workshops. The following workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
"Income Taxes vs. Wealth" with Philip Lenefsky will be from noon to 1 p.m. Monday. Understand how income taxes really work to improve your bottom line. This presentation is strictly for educational purposes. Free.
"Local Social Media Blueprint" with Joseph Cicchino and Tom Gaddis will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. Learn an easy to implement social media blueprint that will increase your online presence and drive sales. Free.
"QuickBooks for Small Business" with Richard Kehoe will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. This class is for new users. Cost is $45. Follow-up appointments are offered at no cost.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente will offer the following free classes.
"Look Good . . . Feel Better" (for women living with cancer) will be from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at the Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku. This program can help you look and feel your best. Free. Preregistration required, call 244-5553.
"Sleep Secrets" with Serena Lo, M.D. and Lori Murayama-Sung, M.D. will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday at the Wailuku Clinic, 80 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Optimize your sleeping habits. Free. Pre-registration is required, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
"Beginning Jewelry-Level 1" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 23. Learn fundamental fabrication techniques using wire and sheet metals. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
"Jewelry for Teens" (age 13 and older) with Julie Matheis will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 23. Learn to turn sculpted wax designs into wearable art. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25.
"Painting with Character" with Mark N. Brown will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 24. Explore the different identities of an artist at each stage of the painting process. Cost is $155 ($194 nonmember). A supply list is posted online.
* Edventure class. "Food and Beverage Server Certification" with Peter Rehfuss will be from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at UH-MC. Develop the professional skills, knowledge and control necessary for a successful career as a server. Cost is $249/$100 off with A&B grant qualification. To register, call 984-3231.
* Maui Mauka Conservation Awareness Training is a free 1-hour program at UH-MC, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Community Extension Room. Participants will learn about Maui's unique natural resources and current efforts to protect it. Space is available for the following dates: 5:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. Wednesday and Nov. 26. To reserve a spot, contact Allison Borell at the East Maui Watershed Partnership, 573-6999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Gardening class. "Living Succulent Container Class" with Judy Starbuck will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, 1100 Waipoli Road, Kula. Create your own beautiful and sustainable succulent garden. Cost is $40. To register and confirm class, call 878-3004.
* Patch class. "Basic Series Program Provisions: Child Development" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii State regulations for meeting the needs of children and an introduction to child development. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
* Akaku Media Salon. "Basic Lighting Workshop" with Lou DiLiberto will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Akaku Studio. Workshop will cover both studio and field lighting. Cost is $15 ($25 nonmembers). To register, call 871-5554.
* Keiki Passenger Safety Checks will be from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Kamaaina Kids Piilani Preschool, 10 Manino Circle, Kihei. Free. Appointments must be booked in advance. Call 243-6187.
* Fruit Fly Management with Maui Master Gardeners will be from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at the UH-MC Community Services Building (205), Kahului. Learn to identify and prevent fruit-fly damage. Free. To register, call 244-3242, ext. 222.